OT Too long on the dark side

Old May 26th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Default OT Too long on the dark side

Those who read headers will notice something quite different
about this post. I spent almost five years on the dark side,
I do *NOT* know what the hell I was thinking, but when my
little VAIO kicked the bucket the other day, may she RIP,
I replaced her with this beast.

Woo Hoo !! Unix under the hood again !! If I *ever* decide
to use a Micro$oft box again would someone *PLEASE* shoot me.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old May 26th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Wolfgang

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
. ..
Those who read headers will notice something quite different
about this post. I spent almost five years on the dark side,
I do *NOT* know what the hell I was thinking, but when my
little VAIO kicked the bucket the other day, may she RIP,
I replaced her with this beast.

Woo Hoo !! Unix under the hood again !! If I *ever* decide
to use a Micro$oft box again would someone *PLEASE* shoot me.

Those who read the text will note that it's the same old ****.

Wolfgang
say the secret word and get a bottle of thunderbird!

Old May 26th, 2005, 08:33 PM
GaryM

Ken Fortenberry wrote in news:Mcple.1954
:

Those who read headers will notice something quite different
about this post. I spent almost five years on the dark side,
I do *NOT* know what the hell I was thinking, but when my
little VAIO kicked the bucket the other day, may she RIP,
I replaced her with this beast.

So what did you get? I kinda like the look of the G5 Minicubes for 500
bucks.
Old May 26th, 2005, 08:41 PM

On Thu, 26 May 2005 14:19:11 -0500, "Wolfgang" wrote:

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message

If I *ever* decide
to use a Micro$oft box again would someone *PLEASE* shoot me.

Is that the only set of conditions, or, for example, if you decide to
whine about some wine list, should you be at least struck with a shovel
repeatedly or jabbed with a barbeque fork or something? Suppose you
post any more gibberish from the NY Times...are you desirous of being
pelted REALLY hard with golf balls or smacked several times with a large
stick? And most importantly, should one just sort of wing it and decide
for one's ownself what you might wish vis-a-vis injury for
transgressions?

Those who read the text will note that it's the same old ****.

Wolfgang
say the secret word and get a bottle of thunderbird!

And if the possibility of having this kind of **** ITM'd to the winner
of the proposed Wolfgang Fortenberry Prize doesn't overcome the Montana
raffle indifference, well, nothing will...

Old May 26th, 2005, 08:44 PM

PHEW!! When I first saw the subject, I thought it said "Too long on
the_dork_ side" and I thought I might be forced to agree with you...
Old May 26th, 2005, 08:45 PM

On Thu, 26 May 2005 15:33:34 -0400, GaryM
wrote:

Ken Fortenberry wrote in news:Mcple.1954
:

Those who read headers will notice something quite different
about this post. I spent almost five years on the dark side,
I do *NOT* know what the hell I was thinking, but when my
little VAIO kicked the bucket the other day, may she RIP,
I replaced her with this beast.

So what did you get? I kinda like the look of the G5 Minicubes for 500
bucks.

Uh-oh...maybe it SHOULD say "dork side"...
Old May 26th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Wolfgang

wrote in message

...And if the possibility of having this kind of **** ITM'd to the winner
of the proposed Wolfgang Fortenberry Prize doesn't overcome the Montana
raffle indifference, well, nothing will...

Gonzo! Ultragonzo!

Wolfgang
it's like sitting in front of a t.v. playing a two minute video of jackie
mason doing knock-knock jokes.......on an endless loop......on
amphetamines......with your eyelids pinned open. which, if you think about
it, is eerily similar to reading hunter thompson......hm........

Old May 26th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Wolfgang

wrote in message
PHEW!! When I first saw the subject, I thought it said "Too long on
the_dork_ side" and I thought I might be forced to agree with you...

Gonzo! Hypergonzo!

Wolfgang

Old May 26th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Ken Fortenberry

GaryM wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
I replaced her with this beast.

So what did you get? I kinda like the look of the G5 Minicubes for 500
bucks.

It's a 15" Powerbook with 1GB of memory, just a G4
but it'll do.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old May 26th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Allen Epps

In article ,
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Those who read headers will notice something quite different
about this post. I spent almost five years on the dark side,
I do *NOT* know what the hell I was thinking, but when my
little VAIO kicked the bucket the other day, may she RIP,
I replaced her with this beast.

Woo Hoo !! Unix under the hood again !! If I *ever* decide
to use a Micro$oft box again would someone *PLEASE* shoot me.

Ahhhh ****. If I have to think anything even slightly common sense about
you Forty it'll ruin your perfect record.

Allen
Welcome to the enlightened computing 3%