Last call Western Clave

Old July 5th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Joe McIntosh

Default Last call Western Clave

Leaving tomorrow for WC. Last call for orders for good food
transportation--anyone need grits- chittlings - or cracklens ?
Warren - where do Jeff and I fish Wed afternoon [3 to 6]? can you join us
on way home from work somewhere on Gallatin near to Bozeman airport?
Danial-please bring nippers strong enough to cut hooks out of body parts.
Wonder if charlie chocks wife is tired of eating in the same diner three
times a day for four days while they await delivery of a trailer axel from
Africa. With only one eating place in town I bet she is tired of chicken
fried steak and bet she does not accompany Mr. chock on another western
adventure!!!

Is madison warm enough for wet wading???

Are there any flathead indians around?? Would like to know where they
learned to let their squaws ride side saddle? { As seen in one of
Beirstadt's western art works.} As a point of interest--the female flatheads
birthed their young ones while squatting.

Jeff-i will be a Day's Inn by Raleigh airport Tues evening if you need me.

This old indian is PUMPED
IJ

Old July 5th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Mike Makela

"Joe McIntosh" wrote in message
Leaving tomorrow for WC. Last call for orders for good food
transportation--anyone need grits- chittlings - or cracklens ?
Warren - where do Jeff and I fish Wed afternoon [3 to 6]?

I expect you to know all of the good holes on the Gallatin by Friday...

Is madison warm enough for wet wading???

Hope so, plan on doing some myself..

This old indian is PUMPED
IJ

Yeah!!

See ya Thursday Night..

Mike

Old July 5th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Willi

Joe McIntosh wrote:

This old indian is PUMPED

Cool, see ya soon Joe.

Speaking of cool, the temps are likely to be MUCH cooler than last year.
Bring some warm stuff with, also raingear. Unless you're real tough, I
don't think the air temps and water temps of the Madison would be
conducive to wet wading. Some of the smaller waters will probably be OK.

Willi

Old July 5th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Lat705

As a point of interest--the female flatheads
birthed their young ones while squatting.

Is that how they get the flat heads?

Lou T
Old July 5th, 2004, 04:53 PM
rw

Lat705 wrote:
As a point of interest--the female flatheads
birthed their young ones while squatting.

Is that how they get the flat heads?

:-)

"Flathead" refers to various tribes that bound the heads of infants to
make a flat shape. However, the Salish or Flathead of Western Montana
never practiced the custom.

Old July 5th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Danl

"Joe McIntosh" wrote in message

Danial-please bring nippers strong enough to cut hooks out of body parts.

Gotcha covered, Joe.

This old indian is PUMPED
IJ

Me too! and I don't leave until Thursday. Y'all have a safe trip. I'll see
you Friday at Clave Central.

Danl

Old July 5th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Joe McIntosh" wrote

This old indian is PUMPED
IJ

well, pumped one, you and jeffie are hereby appointed official western

clave trip report correspondents. daily reports will be sufficient.

yfitp
wayno

Old July 5th, 2004, 06:22 PM
daytripper

On 05 Jul 2004 15:44:21 GMT, (Lat705) wrote:

As a point of interest--the female flatheads
birthed their young ones while squatting.

Is that how they get the flat heads?

Left me wondering how the male flatheads gave birth...
Old July 5th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Joe McIntosh

"Willi" wrote in message
Speaking of cool, the temps are likely to be MUCH cooler than last year.
Bring some warm stuff with, also raingear. Unless you're real tough, I
don't think the air temps and water temps of the Madison would be
conducive to wet wading. Some of the smaller waters will probably be OK.

IJ answers with relief--if i did not believe you i would not be planning to

attend. Hell it was 103* in camp ground, 107* in Massoula downtown when i
picked up jeff, and at least 122* on that damm float trip. Only time my
toenails got sunburned.
Please bring a couple extra of your little indicator thingees. I forgot how
the rubber band works but if i have to fish in the rain will probably be
going subsurface.

Old July 5th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Joe McIntosh

"rw" As a point of interest--the female
flatheads
birthed their young ones while squatting.

Is that how they get the flat heads?

:-)

"Flathead" refers to various tribes that bound the heads of infants to
make a flat shape. However, the Salish or Flathead of Western Montana
never practiced the custom.

IJ asks --

Any idea how they got that name-- perhaps L&Clark were speaking of their
haircuts?
If we seen any indians in a bar I will get Jeff to ask them-"-How did you
get so flatheaded?"