Fishing in the Minneapolis Area

Old August 26th, 2007, 05:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bassin' Dude

Default Fishing in the Minneapolis Area

Greetings Anglers,

I am new to the Minneapolis area and am interested in lakes that are good
for smallmouth and largemouth bass fsihing. I am not confined to the local
area, so I do not mind driving four hours to a great day on the water. If
you have other links of interest, please post them as well.

Thanks, and I am looking forward to everone's response.
Old August 26th, 2007, 05:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now[_2_]

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 11:21:00 -0500, "Bassin' Dude"
wrote:

Greetings Anglers,

I am new to the Minneapolis area and am interested in lakes that are good
for smallmouth and largemouth bass fsihing. I am not confined to the local
area, so I do not mind driving four hours to a great day on the water. If
you have other links of interest, please post them as well.

Thanks, and I am looking forward to everone's response.

Minnetonka(sp) is supposed to be a great Bass lake and is right in
your back yard, so to speak.

Try this.

http://tinyurl.com/267nyf

Or this.

http://tinyurl.com/2r33wj

Dan

-

Remove the X for e-mail reply
1996 HD Sportster 1200S. N9JBF. Bass fishing Aficionado!
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old August 27th, 2007, 01:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe Z

On Aug 26, 11:21 am, "Bassin' Dude" wrote:
Greetings Anglers,

I am new to the Minneapolis area and am interested in lakes that are good
for smallmouth and largemouth bass fsihing. I am not confined to the local
area, so I do not mind driving four hours to a great day on the water. If
you have other links of interest, please post them as well.

Thanks, and I am looking forward to everone's response.

Start here. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing/index.html They have A
LOT of free info available. Ask for the Twin Cities Water Recreation
map for one thing. I just picked one up at the MN State Fair. If you
have a chance get to the Fair and check out the DNR exhibits there.
There is all knds of free info plus Ron Schara, long time Star Tribune
columnist and TV show host has a great book on fishing area lakes you
can find at at Gander Mountain Mountain among other areas.
Also stop in a Ted Capra's in Blaine. http://www.caprasoutdoors.com/visit.html
Ted and his boys have fished every tounament for nearly every speciaes
in the midwest.
Good fishing to you,
Joe Z.