Underwater fishing

Old November 28th, 2003, 06:21 AM
Peter

Default Underwater fishing

This may sound a little odd but it's something we used to do in scuba club.
We'd get our fishing poles all rigged up,bait & all then swim out into a lake.While treading water we would then make a long cast.Next was to dive and watch the bait fall towards bottom.Once there we'd dive to the bottom and take up a view point to watch any fish take the bait.
Once hooked,we woiuld play the fish while underwater.
While submerged,a diver weighs very little and a fish of 5lbs could even tow us a little.
Next reel in the fish then release.All the while still submerged.
Talk about a blast! Meeting a fish in his own territory.
For obvious reasons,we'd stay away from sharks,whales & the like! HeHe!
What do y'all think about this concept?

Old November 28th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Dave Norton

Do you have any kin named "Al" ?

--
Dave Norton
Millennium Rods

Old November 28th, 2003, 03:35 PM
SHRED©

Peter wrote:
This may sound a little odd but it's something we used to do in scuba
club.
We'd get our fishing poles all rigged up,bait & all then swim out
into a lake.While treading water we would then make a long cast.Next
was to dive and watch the bait fall towards bottom.Once there we'd
dive to the bottom and take up a view point to watch any fish take
the bait.
Once hooked,we woiuld play the fish while underwater.
While submerged,a diver weighs very little and a fish of 5lbs could
even tow us a little.
Next reel in the fish then release.All the while still submerged.
Talk about a blast! Meeting a fish in his own territory.
For obvious reasons,we'd stay away from sharks,whales & the like!
HeHe!
What do y'all think about this concept?

make website and post some pics and movies.
Sounds hilarious.

Old November 28th, 2003, 08:06 PM
J Buck

there was an article in Field and Stream a couple months back about a
guy off Long Island who goes after stripers this way.

Old November 28th, 2003, 09:54 PM
John Kerr

I use to do some gold dredging up in the Sierras, I would be under water
dredging, and the trout would come up to feed where I was stiring up the
bottom gravel. I would tell my partner to watch the sluice because I was
going to "suck" up dinner! We had broiled trout almost every night!
JK

Old November 28th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Peter

"AL"? Why do oyu ask?
"Dave Norton" wrote in message ...
Do you have any kin named "Al" ?

Old November 28th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Peter

Get a big striper & he'll tow you a ways out.Hope he's careful

Old November 29th, 2003, 12:26 AM
Dave Norton

I have to admit that I have read of some asinine things on this Ng. But I don't think that even "Al" could have come up with this approach to angling.

God bless to all, yup stick a fork in me cuz I'm done!

Old November 29th, 2003, 03:29 AM
J Buck

There was an article in Field and Stream a couple months back about a
guy off Long Island who goes after stripers this way

Get a big striper & he'll tow you a ways out. Hope he's careful

The angler who was profiled in the article
is a strong swimmer and has been doing this quite a # of years. The
writer, otoh, only went out with him one night and once was enough LoL