Giant European Mayfly Video

Old January 6th, 2011, 12:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

Default Giant European Mayfly Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7dB51cfxek
Very Cool.
Frank Reid
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jan 5, 6:23*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7dB51cfxek
Very Cool.
Frank Reid

Stupefying (even on second or third viewing). Presumably a hexagenia
of some sort.

I remember seeing this some time ago. Becky and I snap up whatever we
can find with Attenborough's name on it. He is a force of nature.

About a year ago we watched a biopic of some sort about Attenborough,
hosted by one of the Monty Python crew.....Palin, I think. Michael
asked David whether he ever gave any thought to retirement, or
something like that. Attenborough said something on the oder of; what
would I do.....travel to exotic places?

giles
you (generically speaking) get this one.....or you never will.

Old January 6th, 2011, 01:18 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim Lysyk

On 05/01/2011 5:52 PM, Giles wrote:
On Jan 5, 6:23 pm, Frank Reid © wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7dB51cfxek
Very Cool.
Frank Reid

Stupefying (even on second or third viewing). Presumably a hexagenia
of some sort.

I remember seeing this some time ago. Becky and I snap up whatever we
can find with Attenborough's name on it. He is a force of nature.

About a year ago we watched a biopic of some sort about Attenborough,
hosted by one of the Monty Python crew.....Palin, I think. Michael
asked David whether he ever gave any thought to retirement, or
something like that. Attenborough said something on the oder of; what
would I do.....travel to exotic places?

giles
you (generically speaking) get this one.....or you never will.

That was an amazing video. I was stunned by the scenes where the trout
leaped from the water and caught them.

Tim Lysyk
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
flebow[_2_]

FredOn Wed, 5 Jan 2011 16:23:47 -0800 (PST), Frank Reid © 2010
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7dB51cfxek
Very Cool.
Frank Reid

Grreat stuff

Thanks
Fred
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ellis Morgan

In article
,
Giles writes
On Jan 5, 6:23*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7dB51cfxek
Very Cool.
Frank Reid

Stupefying (even on second or third viewing). Presumably a hexagenia
of some sort.

I remember seeing this some time ago. Becky and I snap up whatever we
can find with Attenborough's name on it. He is a force of nature.

About a year ago we watched a biopic of some sort about Attenborough,
hosted by one of the Monty Python crew.....Palin, I think. Michael
asked David whether he ever gave any thought to retirement, or
something like that. Attenborough said something on the oder of; what
would I do.....travel to exotic places?

giles
you (generically speaking) get this one.....or you never will.

I wondered what the fly was too and don't really know. Here in the UK we
call Ephemera Danica (and E Vulgata & E Lineata) May flies while others
(such as the BWO) are known as upwing flies. Because E Danica is what I
see most of, my money is on that.

Here are a couple of links that tell you where I am coming from:
http://www.buglife.org.uk/discoverbu...wth/takingtoth
eair
http://www.riverflies.org/index/partnership_news.html

Here is one that interrupted my fishing on the Avon at West Amesbury
(Wiltshire, UK) in 2004:
http://www.mrtlfrm.demon.co.uk/public/judy007.jpg

David A pronounces the river as "corrish" I would not know how to start
spelling that in Hungarian so can not google it. I did find however find
this:
http://www.famu.org/mayfly/pubs/pub_...st1999p157.pdf (list of
fly names). It turns up another ephemera - E Glaucops - which we don't
see in the UK. It also shows four heptagenia (H coerulans, H Flava, H
Longicaud, H Sulphurea). No hexagenia that I noticed. Searching on these
names turned up these links:
http://www.famu.org/mayfly/pubs/pub_...st1999p157.pdf (list of
fly names)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/roman_sandoz/3646825364/ (ephemera
glaucops)
http://www.first-nature.com/insects/...era_danica.php
(... danica)
http://www.freshwaterlife.org/imagea...g2_itemId=4680
(... vulgata)
http://www.freshwaterlife.org/imagea...=tags.VirtualA
lbum&g2_tagName=Ephemeroptera&g2_itemId=4672
(... lineata)
http://www.artenschutz.ch/cr3.htm (ephemera glaucops & two
heptagenia)

--
Ellis Morgan
Old January 9th, 2011, 01:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 16:49:07 -0800, Todd wrote:

On 01/05/2011 05:18 PM, Tim Lysyk wrote:
That was an amazing video. I was stunned
by the scenes where the trout
leaped from the water and caught them.

Tim Lysyk

Loved the video. I second Tim on the leaping
fish!

Was that a trout? I tried freeze framing
it, but could not get a good shot. Sort of looked
like one, only very silvery, no spots.

-T

I suppose I would have found that amazing except I watch bass
performing the same feat as they attempt to feed on damsels and
dragonflies (and an occasional redwing blackbird).

Thanks a bunch for the video, Frank. I DID enjoy it.