Derbyshire -Peak District

Old May 21st, 2004, 03:04 PM
Jon

Default Derbyshire -Peak District

Can anyone help?

I would like to become a member of a club in the Peak District (I live in
Sheffield)
It appears however that waiting lists are massive or even closed, does
anyone have any info that would help me in my quest?

The Wye, Derwent, Dove etc would be ideal!!

Regards

Jon

Old May 22nd, 2004, 06:00 PM
Bob

Try http://www.derbyshirecountyac.org.uk/
I don't know if the list is still open but it was a few months ago.

Bob

Old May 24th, 2004, 10:17 AM
pgiblin

Bob,
Derbyshire County has some extensive waters but is not cheap. A far better
bet would be the Derby Railway Anglers Club. They are predominantly course
but do have some good fly only waters. Particularly the Derwent from below
Rowsley down to Matlock, which is god dry fly Water. Also the Dove at
Ellastone and Eaton Dovedale and Sutton Brook. Costs about £58 per year.
They do have a website with all the information on it...do a google. If you
do not have any joy email me.

The Sheffield Trout anglers has some water on the upper Dove at Hartington
but I do not know what the fees/costs are.

Day tickets. River Wye Monsal Dale, £25 per day.

River Wye Bakewell to Rowsley £60 day or £30 day from July.

Regards
PG

Old May 24th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Bob

I am a member of DRAC but I don't find their waters very good in general, I
have also fished the Wye and it is execellent at both locations mentioned.
I didn't think the questioner was worried about price hence telleng them
aboyt DC.

Bob

Old May 24th, 2004, 07:13 PM
pgiblin

Bob,

Have you fished the Darley Dale stretch this year? I have not yet but
wondered how good/poor it is regarding your comment. Can you advise which
is the best part to fish?

Also are you aware of any other clubs that I might consider apart from the
'County' and DRAC. I am in Derby.

Finally, a friend and I are planning to fish the 'Peacock' stretch of the
Wye north of Rowsley...probably early July.....any tips?

Regards
PG

Old May 25th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Jon

Ok if you read this on the Hampshire thread it was in the wrong place!!!

Thanks very much for your advice (so far, please keep it coming) Another
avenue I am considering is a long-term wait on Chatsworth and just taking
the occasional day on their Monsal Dale stretch on the Wye and the Peacock
at Rowsley (Haddon Hall Estate)

If you know of any others or just general info on Derbyshire fishing then we
should maintain this or similar threads.

Thank you again and Tight Lines

Jon