FE Thomas Cane Fly Rod on EBay

Old February 14th, 2004, 04:24 PM
John Loven

Default FE Thomas Cane Fly Rod on EBay

FE Thomas Bamboo Fly Rod 7' 4" 2 piece on EBay

This rod came from my father-in-law's estate. It has the original tube, no
bag, and 2 tips. The rod is straight and the wraps are good. One tip is full
length but missing the tip guide. The second tip is broken off about 5" from
the end.

The rod lacks the normal FE Thomas markings on the butt. Jack Mickievich,
noted fly-tyer, examined the rod and opined that the rod was built after
Thomas' death by his shop, using a FE Thomas-made blank, but assembled and
finished by others.

-=JL

Old February 14th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Ken Fortenberry

John Loven wrote:

FE Thomas Bamboo Fly Rod 7' 4" 2 piece on EBay

This rod came from my father-in-law's estate. It has the original tube, no
bag, and 2 tips. The rod is straight and the wraps are good. One tip is full
length but missing the tip guide. The second tip is broken off about 5" from
the end.

The rod lacks the normal FE Thomas markings on the butt. Jack Mickievich,
noted fly-tyer, examined the rod and opined that the rod was built after
Thomas' death by his shop, using a FE Thomas-made blank, but assembled and
finished by others.

-=JL

Note to Warren:

This is a perfect example of what is acceptable under the "one time"
exemption.

Out and out SPAM is NEVER acceptable.

HTH

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old February 14th, 2004, 04:57 PM
rw

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Note to Warren:

This is a perfect example of what is acceptable under the "one time"
exemption.

You're only saying that because it's a bamboo rod. If he were selling a
KPOS or a box of Fish Pimps (the best indicator on the market), you'd be
all over him like flies on ****.

:-)

Old February 14th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Ken Fortenberry

rw wrote:

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Note to Warren: ...

You're only saying that because it's a bamboo rod. If he were selling a
KPOS or a box of Fish Pimps (the best indicator on the market), you'd be
all over him like flies on ****.

:-)

It's "stink on ****", not "flies on ****". I sweartagawd some of you
wannabes should be required to pass Similes 101 before posting here.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old February 14th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Charlie Choc

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:58:38 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

It's "stink on ****", not "flies on ****". I sweartagawd some of you
wannabes should be required to pass Similes 101 before posting here.

So, does that make you a simile sitter as well as a net nanny?
--
Charlie...
Old February 14th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Charlie Choc wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

It's "stink on ****", not "flies on ****". ...

So, does that make you a simile sitter as well as a net nanny?

I am a Grammar and Insult Coach, a Metaphor and Simile Consultant
(send email for pricing information), and SPAM Kop Plenipotentiary,
(no charge for that, I do it as a public service).

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old February 14th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Chas Wade

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
It's "stink on ****", not "flies on ****". I sweartagawd some of you
wannabes should be required to pass Similes 101 before posting here.

That tantamounts to insulting us all.

Chas
remove fly fish to reply
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/w...ome.html-.html
San Juan Pictures at:
http://home.comcast.net/~chasepike/wsb/index.html

Old February 14th, 2004, 11:22 PM
daytripper

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:14:58 GMT, Chas Wade
wrote:

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
It's "stink on ****", not "flies on ****". I sweartagawd some of you
wannabes should be required to pass Similes 101 before posting here.

That tantamounts to insulting us all.

"tantamounts"?

/daytripper (oh boy, the Grammar Police will have fun with that ;-)
Old February 14th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Chas Wade wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

It's "stink on ****", not "flies on ****". I sweartagawd some of you
wannabes should be required to pass Similes 101 before posting here.

That tantamounts to insulting us all.

Say what ? Let me guess, English isn't your native tongue and you'd
like an opinion on which salad dresing to use.

On a tantamounts salad, I'm just guessing here, try Thousand Island
and let us know how it works out.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old February 15th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Chas Wade

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Chas Wade wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

It's "stink on ****", not "flies on ****". I sweartagawd some of you
wannabes should be required to pass Similes 101 before posting here.

That tantamounts to insulting us all.

Say what ? Let me guess, English isn't your native tongue and you'd
like an opinion on which salad dresing to use.

On a tantamounts salad, I'm just guessing here, try Thousand Island
and let us know how it works out.

An invented phrase seemed to call for an invented word, do you think I
just fell off the tulip truck?