Bream baits

Old April 29th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Jake

Default Bream baits

any help with methods and baits for bream

Old April 29th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Brownz

"Jake" wrote in message
any help with methods and baits for bream

Sweetcorn on a feeder or ledger has always worked well for me !

Cheers - Brownz
http://fishing.brownz.org/

Old April 30th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Simondo

Bream will eat almost anything. The key is getting them to stay in your swim
long enough.

Grounbait is the key. I use various gubbins but find a mixture of Vitalin,
Hemp, Casters and trout pellets mixed with brown crumb to bind it, works
very well almost anywhere. Don't be scared putting in a lot of this if there
is a large head of Bream, as they will find it and finish it off. For
hookbaits, I find it depends on the size of Bream but generally cocktails
work well and constant changing in the session keeps them coming. Try Worm +
sweetcorn, Sweetcorn + Red maggot, Maggot + caster, Three maggots on a 14's.
I have caught literally hundreds of fish on these baits, but if they are
feeding you'll get a bite on almost anything. Never be afraid to experiment!

Old April 30th, 2004, 12:53 PM
wb¿dw

i caught one on a 15mm source boilie the other day........method feeder
and sweetcorn usually gets them going.

Old May 1st, 2004, 02:29 PM
fredcromer

a bit of tumeric in the groundbait netted me 100lb at Ancaster lake....i'd
never caught before that....and PLENTY of Groundbait!!!!
"Jake" wrote in message
any help with methods and baits for bream

---

Old May 9th, 2004, 02:50 PM

Any of my carp bait,,, and I mean any !!!!!!!!!
The best laid beds of bait get devoured in minutes so if there about plenty
of nearly anything (within reason) seems to bring them in, getting enough in
to hold them without spooking them is another matter.
Oh we were running some chopped worm downstream in our quest for a double
figure barbel and the scent trail must have tracked to a large shoal we had
spotted earlier downstream they moved up like they were on a mission so
maybe something to try out.