Not really OT if you have a life.

Old February 9th, 2005, 03:25 AM
Bob Rickard

Default Not really OT if you have a life.

Spring is coming, and most bassers will soon leave the cabin to venture out & actually do some real fishing. At those exact same times while you are out, in it's infinite wisdom the TV networks will be broadcasting the best and most complete lineup of fishing shows that they will air all year. Dumb? You bet. Likely? Absolutely!

But today there is a solution to this problem: get satellite & TIVO! Not only will TIVO take care of that small problem, I can also promise you from the experiences of myself & a growing number of other people, that TIVO can directly and indirectly cause one of the biggest improvements in your quality of life ever. I have it along with DirecTV, and it's unexpected overall impact on me has been monumental. I am not going to waste time here trying to explain, except to say that I now get to watch all the TV I want, enjoy it more, and spend far LESS time doing it. I have far more time for other things, watch the clock far less, and have much more control over my time & life. Try to take it away from me & I'd kill you for sure. ;-)

--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)

Old February 9th, 2005, 03:40 AM
Brad Coovert

Bob, what is involved with Tivo? I have DishNet and would love to see
all the bass stuff on Saturday, but I have a license class every
Sarurday until March 19 and then I will be fishing...hopefully.

Sounds like it would be worth looking into.

Brad Coovert
2005 Tournament Director, Greenfield Bassmasters
www.greenfieldbassmasters.com
Esox Rods - Handmade In The USA
"For The Toughest Fishing Out There!"

Old February 9th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Bob Rickard

TIVO & Dish work perfect together, and should cost about the same as frpm
DirecTV! To be really brief, TIVO is a super-simple recording system
utilizing what I understand to be a huge computer hard drive instead of tape
that allows you to record your favorite programs ahead of time to watch them
on playback whenever you want. Picture quality is the same as live. Access,
Fast Forward & Rewind are almost instantaneous. You have pause & instant
replay, even on live TV. My TIVO holds 35 hours of programs. I now watch
nothing live except the news. Mine has 2 tuners. I can record 1 program
while I watch a live program, or even record 2 different programs at the
same time I watch a previously recorded program, which is really nice.

From DirecTV, I previously had a single satellite dish with a single lead to
a single box at the TV. Two days after I ordered it, Direct added a 2nd lead
to the TV, replaced the original box (which I got to keep) with the new TIVO
box, and charged me $123.00 for the whole thing, including installation. I
have about 150 channels, including local channels but no premium channels
such as HBO, etc. My total monthly bill, which includes a full service
policy, went up by $5.00 a month to about $56.00 a month. I consider that to
be well worth the money.

--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)

ups.com...

Old February 9th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Don Senn

On 8 Feb 2005 19:40:41 -0800, "Brad Coovert" wrote:

Bob, what is involved with Tivo? I have DishNet and would love to see
all the bass stuff on Saturday, but I have a license class every
Sarurday until March 19 and then I will be fishing...hopefully.

Sounds like it would be worth looking into.

Brad Coovert
2005 Tournament Director, Greenfield Bassmasters
www.greenfieldbassmasters.com
Esox Rods - Handmade In The USA
"For The Toughest Fishing Out There!"

Brad
Some models of Dish Tv receivers have a recording device built in.
Maybe you would only have to upgrade.

Donn