OT : Whistling in the dark.....

Old August 30th, 2005, 06:41 AM
JR

Default OT : Whistling in the dark.....

A number of recent posts on another forum I frequent--about how folks,
"because of gas prices" hadn't been able to do any fishing this summer and
it looked like they weren't going to get to do any this fall, etc.,
etc.--kinda unleashed a fewseveral responses from me that now make me
think I better lay low over there for a while.... g

.... but it also sent me surfing, where I came across what I thought was a
fine little read....

http://tinyurl.com/985r9

Written, apparently, in early 2005, when folks who predicted $3/gal gas
very soon were considered very nuts.

JR
Old August 30th, 2005, 11:18 AM
riverman

Lovely read! Thanks.

--riverman
(Carless, in the land of $5 a gallon gas)

Old September 1st, 2005, 03:36 AM
Larry L

"JR" wrote

http://tinyurl.com/985r9

is the picture in this article a real Hummer ad? the Jesus one

anyone?