The Ugly Head of Competition Raises its Ugly Head...Again

Old June 16th, 2004, 04:06 PM
George Cleveland

Default The Ugly Head of Competition Raises its Ugly Head...Again

"If they say fly-fishing is a sport, then eating is a sport," said
Jarvis, who weighs 409 pounds and once ate 4 pounds of mayonnaise in
eight minutes. "Eating is a heck of a lot harder than fly-fishing."-
Ed "Cooke" Jarvis

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...1,671191.story

g.c.

Old June 16th, 2004, 04:48 PM
fish.iddx.net

"George Cleveland" wrote in message
"If they say fly-fishing is a sport, then eating is a sport," said
Jarvis, who weighs 409 pounds and once ate 4 pounds of mayonnaise in
eight minutes. "Eating is a heck of a lot harder than fly-fishing."-
Ed "Cooke" Jarvis

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...1,671191.story

g.c.

U have to be a "member", to read the article : o /

/Thomas

Old June 16th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Tom G

"fish.iddx.net" wrote:
"George Cleveland" wrote:
"If they say fly-fishing is a sport, then eating is a sport," said
Jarvis, who weighs 409 pounds and once ate 4 pounds of mayonnaise in
eight minutes. "Eating is a heck of a lot harder than fly-fishing."-
Ed "Cooke" Jarvis

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...1,671191.story

U have to be a "member", to read the article : o /

I didn't bother becoming a Chicago Tribune 'member'. I figure that
George gave us the punch line with his post ayways. How much weight can
you give to comments made by a guy who eats mayo by the pound?

Tom G
--
email:remove tt
Old June 16th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Tom G wrote:
"fish.iddx.net" wrote:
"George Cleveland" wrote:
"If they say fly-fishing is a sport, then eating is a sport," said
Jarvis, who weighs 409 pounds ...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...1,671191.story

U have to be a "member", to read the article : o /

I didn't bother becoming a Chicago Tribune 'member'.

This comes up every now and then, folks are understandably reluctant
to set themselves up for SPAM, but I "subscribed" to both the online
Chicago Tribune and the New York Times and so far as I know I've
never received a single piece of SPAM that I can trace to either.
I'd be interested to know if anyone has, in fact.

... How much weight can
you give to comments made by a guy who eats mayo by the pound?

A little over 400 pounds ? ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old June 16th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Charlie Choc

Just go to http://www.ifoce.com/ to read about the sport.
--
Charlie...
Old June 16th, 2004, 05:55 PM
fish.iddx.net

Just go to http://www.ifoce.com/ to read about the sport.
--
Charlie...

Has every weird bunch of freaks in the US their own webpage nowadays?? LOL

They got a page that looks like something that is related to the government
though )

/Thomas

Old June 16th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Tim J.

"George Cleveland" wrote in message
"If they say fly-fishing is a sport, then eating is a sport," said
Jarvis, who weighs 409 pounds and once ate 4 pounds of mayonnaise in
eight minutes. "Eating is a heck of a lot harder than fly-fishing."-
Ed "Cooke" Jarvis

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...1,671191.story

This doesn't make any sense. To me, eating is its own reward, so I do plenty. I
don't need no stinkin' competition.
--
TL,
Tim