more on shooting

Old January 14th, 2004, 05:22 PM
RGarri7470

Default more on shooting

There is more info on this at http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk.asp

Look through the posts and read the ones about this incident. Apparently it was
captured on videotape by ESPN.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old January 14th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Bob La Londe

They could always get a writ from a judge to force the elected official to
do their duty.

Is it worth it? Who knows?

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"RGarri7470" wrote in message
There is more info on this at http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk.asp

Look through the posts and read the ones about this incident. Apparently

it was
captured on videotape by ESPN.

Sounds to me like one DA doesn't want to P.O. the locals and wants to get
re-elected. I may not be Sherlock Holmes, but if there was enough video

determine who the cops had to find and arrest, plus Klein and a camera

boat,
there was enough evidence to pursue the case.

But that might not have been popular with the home folks.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old January 14th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
They could always get a writ from a judge to force the elected official to
do their duty.

Is it worth it? Who knows?

Well, I'll tell you one thing. If it was me that was shot at, I'd be
raising cain with that prosecutor. I don't care if Klein was driving too
fast in a no wake zone or not, the only time that a shotgun should be shot
(outside of target shooting or hunting) is in defending the life of yourself
or loved ones. To point a loaded firearm at another individual, then shoot
into the air is at minimum, disorderly conduct.

Old January 15th, 2004, 03:39 AM
RGarri7470

Told ya that last week...

WW

"RGarri7470" wrote in message
There is more info on this at http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk.asp

Look through the posts and read the ones about this incident. Apparently

it was
captured on videotape by ESPN.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

You done good then, the most recent post there was on the 13th, yesterday, with
the followup info I was talking about.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old January 15th, 2004, 04:21 AM
Calif Bill

[...]

But is it a prosecutable case? If there were pigeons in the air, he could
say he was shooting them, or starlings and the boat was just in the area.
Bill

Old January 15th, 2004, 04:27 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Calif Bill" wrote in message SNIP

But is it a prosecutable case? If there were pigeons in the air, he could
say he was shooting them, or starlings and the boat was just in the area.
Bill

Only if the DA is willing to put forth the effort. In this case, I guess not.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Old January 15th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Calif Bill

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message SNIP

But is it a prosecutable case? If there were pigeons in the air, he

could
say he was shooting them, or starlings and the boat was just in the

area.
Bill

Only if the DA is willing to put forth the effort. In this case, I guess

not.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

The DA can prosecute, but he also looks at the chance of success. If there
is a less than 70% chance he wins, he probably will not take the case to
court. And with locals on the jury and possibility of the guy claiming he
was shooting starlings, chances are very small for success. Looks bad on
his record, the loses.

Old January 15th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Suthern Transplant

This link has further comments from the members...
http://www.bassfan.com/feedback.asp

IMO I don't think BASS will ever go back to LA...

Suthrn

Old January 16th, 2004, 02:24 AM
Henry Hefner

Calif Bill wrote:
[...]

I think a lot would depend upon what is on the video tape.