Okay, I hate to do this....

Old June 22nd, 2007, 09:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

Default Okay, I hate to do this....

On Jun 21, 4:41 pm, "Wayne Harrison" wrote:
a gross exaggeration, billy me boyo! i can still get by easily with my
trusty 1.50's...

1.50's work for me too; but I have to drink twice as many.

Joe F.

Old June 22nd, 2007, 10:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Andy Lawson

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , Wayne Harrison
writes

"W. D. Grey" wrote Hi Wayne,

Is there any truth in the rumour that your whisky glasses have 2 dioptre
bottoms?..:-)

a gross exaggeration, billy me boyo! i can still get by easily with
my
trusty 1.50's...

yfitons
wayno( poster boy for "moderation in all things")

Well done Wayne, nice to hear from you.
--
Bill Grey

Hiya Bill,

I've just had to change my glasses to 2.00. Does that mean I can only have
doubles? ;o)

Andy

Old June 22nd, 2007, 11:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , Andy Lawson
writes

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , Wayne Harrison
writes

"W. D. Grey" wrote Hi Wayne,

Is there any truth in the rumour that your whisky glasses have 2 dioptre
bottoms?..:-)

a gross exaggeration, billy me boyo! i can still get by easily with
my
trusty 1.50's...

yfitons
wayno( poster boy for "moderation in all things")

Well done Wayne, nice to hear from you.
--
Bill Grey

Hiya Bill,

I've just had to change my glasses to 2.00. Does that mean I can only have
doubles? ;o)

Andy

Hyia Andy what are you doing over this side of the pond?

For our American friends, Andy myself and a few others have had our
equivalent of your 'claves here in Wales. I would add with far less
success fishing-wise that your orgies !.
--
Bill Grey

Old June 23rd, 2007, 02:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , Andy Lawson
writes

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
[...]

Well, you know "fish stories."

Just about a month ago, I spent three glorious days fishing in the Great
Smoky Mountains of Tennessee and North Carolina in the company of three
splendid gentlemen, notorious habitués, one and all, of this (insert
adjective of choice here) assemblage. I averaged about three fish per day,
I think.

Catching fish is good.....but that's not what it's about. I mean, any fool
can go out and fish alone.....and probably catch more fish without all the
distractions attendant on being in the company of others......right?

Wolfgang
who knows one fool (who shall remain nameless) who intends to fish
alone......and come home with a basket full of bluegills.....tomorrow.

Old June 23rd, 2007, 08:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Andy Lawson

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , Andy Lawson
writes

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
[...]

Oh I lurk around here reading some fishing stories as well as enjoying some
of the entertainment ;o)

I posted on here back end of last year on my impending trip to Cuba and my
intention to go fly-fishing for Bonefish. That caused quite an interesting
thread to develop as well.

Andy

Old June 23rd, 2007, 08:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , Andy Lawson
Bill Grey

Oh I lurk around here reading some fishing stories as well as enjoying some
of the entertainment ;o)

I posted on here back end of last year on my impending trip to Cuba and my
intention to go fly-fishing for Bonefish. That caused quite an interesting
thread to develop as well.

Andy

I missed any reports of your Cuba trip - I trust you caught at least one
tiddler :-)

My regards to Alex when you see him.
--
Bill Grey

Old June 23rd, 2007, 08:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , Wolfgang
writes
Well, you know "fish stories."

Just about a month ago, I spent three glorious days fishing in the Great
Smoky Mountains of Tennessee and North Carolina in the company of three
splendid gentlemen, notorious habitués, one and all, of this
assemblage. I averaged about three fish per day,
I think.

So you were in Wayno-land eh? Was he one of your companions perchance?
--
Bill Grey

Old June 24th, 2007, 01:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , Wolfgang
writes
Well, you know "fish stories."

Just about a month ago, I spent three glorious days fishing in the Great
Smoky Mountains of Tennessee and North Carolina in the company of three
splendid gentlemen, notorious habitués, one and all, of this
assemblage. I averaged about three fish per day,
I think.

So you were in Wayno-land eh?

Well, I was in the state of North Carolina. Looking at my World Atlas, I
see that the isle of Great Britain is about 581.43 miles, from Beachy Head,
southeast of London, to Cape Wrath in the northwest highlands of
Scotland......as the crow flies. North Carolina, from Nags Head on the
Atlantic coast to the the tri-state corner shared with Georgia and
Tennessee, is about 493.89. So, yeah, roughly.

Was he one of your companions perchance?

Sadly, I must report that he was not. Sadly, because although we have never
technically "fished" together, I have enjoyed his company (immensely) at
three or four of these gatherings, and he was definitely missed at this one.
The "gentlemen" referred to above were Messrs. Knight, Miller, and Vance.
This one was not slated to be a ROFFian get-together. It just happened that
a few people planned to be in the area at approximately the same time, and I
took advantage of the opportunity to avail myself of benefiting from their
good manners by showing up and counting on the justly famed southern
hospitality to keep from being summarily and forcibly ejected from the
premises. It works every time.

Wolfgang
on the other hand, the *******s caught all the fish, leaving me and my bum
left hind flipper to lurch along, whimpering pitifully (though, evidently,
not pitifully enough), in their wake.

Old June 24th, 2007, 01:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Andy Lawson

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , Andy Lawson
Bill Grey

Oh I lurk around here reading some fishing stories as well as enjoying
some
of the entertainment ;o)

I posted on here back end of last year on my impending trip to Cuba and my
intention to go fly-fishing for Bonefish. That caused quite an interesting
thread to develop as well.

Andy

I missed any reports of your Cuba trip - I trust you caught at least one
tiddler :-)

My regards to Alex when you see him.
--
Bill Grey

Just complete idleness on my part. I really must get around to writing
something up as I did manage to catch a few plus stories of the ones that
got away ;o).

Andy

Old June 24th, 2007, 08:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , Wolfgang
writes
So you were in Wayno-land eh?

Well, I was in the state of North Carolina. Looking at my World Atlas, I
see that the isle of Great Britain is about 581.43 miles, from Beachy Head,
southeast of London, to Cape Wrath in the northwest highlands of
Scotland......as the crow flies. North Carolina, from Nags Head on the
Atlantic coast to the the tri-state corner shared with Georgia and
Tennessee, is about 493.89. So, yeah, roughly.

We may be small but we have a huge heart :-)

Was he one of your companions perchance?

Sadly, I must report that he was not. Sadly, because although we have never
technically "fished" together, I have enjoyed his company (immensely) at
three or four of these gatherings, and he was definitely missed at this one.
The "gentlemen" referred to above were Messrs. Knight, Miller, and Vance.
This one was not slated to be a ROFFian get-together. It just happened that
a few people planned to be in the area at approximately the same time, and I
took advantage of the opportunity to avail myself of benefiting from their
good manners by showing up and counting on the justly famed southern
hospitality to keep from being summarily and forcibly ejected from the
premises. It works every time.

aA I write I'm looking at a baseball cap issued for the '99 ROFF Fall
Ball ans I see Jeff Miller's signature on it !

I treasure this cap !

The other signatories we-Daytripper, I.J (Indian Joe) Wayne Knight,
Louis LaPlac (the rev Dave laCourse) Charlie Choc, Waldo (where is he?),
Tom Brown, Steve Zimmerman and Bill Crowe.....and NO Wayno !!!......
..... I nearly forgot - Ken Fortenberry.
Wolfgang
on the other hand, the *******s caught all the fish, leaving me and my bum
left hind flipper to lurch along, whimpering pitifully (though, evidently,
not pitifully enough), in their wake.

I hope they shared their fish :-)
--
Bill Grey