Blizzard

Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Flytyer37

Default Blizzard

Okay, Omaha has not had a blizzard since 1995. So what do I get
today, my first winter back here? Yeh, welcome back. 13" of snow
over a 1/4" of ice with 50mph wind gusts. Wasn't pretty. I-80
between Omaha and Des Moines is still closed, as is 29 from the SD
border to Missouri. We've got guys sleeping on sofas at work as they
can't get back over the river to Iowa.
The blowing snow was the worst. The plows would hit it and one half
hour later you had a 3 foot drift in the center of the road.
The storm hit at rush hour this a.m. Wasn't too bad when I set out on
my 12 mile drive to work. After six miles, I was looking for a way to
turn around but watched cars spinning out on the overpasses so
couldn't. Just hunkered down at work.
I'm ready for Spring. At least I will be when I get done with the
court case. Some guy told me: "hey, today's the first day of
meteorological Spring!" I ran him over with my snowblower. Not a
wise idea, I know. He broke one of my shear pins.
Frank Reid

Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On 1 Mar 2007 19:34:28 -0800, "Flytyer37" wrote:

[...]

Well, glad to hear you survived it all. A lot of folks in the south/south-east
took it in the shorts today, all kinds of damage, a dozen or more peeps
killed...

Hope everyone out there is safe and sound tonite....

/daytripper ()