I shoot fishes with my shotgun

Old April 19th, 2004, 04:01 AM
Carl Dau

Default I shoot fishes with my shotgun

I think that finishes them much better than fly fishing.
Old April 19th, 2004, 04:09 AM
Tim J.

"Carl Duh" wrote...
I think that finishes them much better than fly fishing.

I've always found that lightly sanding them with 400 grit, applying a natural
stain, and then brushing on a quality varnish brings them to a much better
finish, but to each their own.
--
TL,
Tim

Old April 19th, 2004, 04:11 AM
philski

Carl Dau wrote:

I think that finishes them much better than fly fishing.

Plonl-O-Matic!

Philski
Old April 19th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Asadi

Tim, My main experience has been with cabinetry (i.e. kitchens) in the
refinishing area. Indeed I had a quite successful business doing such.
Refinishing as opposed to replacing or refacing. (anyone here needs some
tips or advice let me know)

However I am now doing an antique walnut bedroom set and am Tung oil for the
first time... I have used linseed oils, waxes and rubbing lacquers in the
past and used varnishes and polys on the cabinets. Anyhow, I am finding the
Tung oil rather neat.

I'd think if you just let a fish swim around in Tung oil until he was well
soaked and then hung him out to dry - he might come out with a pretty decent
finish.

john ("The Cabinet Refinisher . . . kitchens a specialty)

PS. I'm back to typing with nine fingers - last weekend was really
something.

"Carl Duh" wrote...

Old April 19th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Tim J.

"Asadi" wrote...
snip
PS. I'm back to typing with nine fingers - last weekend was really
something.

Besides catching fat guys (alibi - I was in Massachusetts the whole time), what
else have you done to yourself now?
--
TL,
Tim

Old April 19th, 2004, 01:41 PM
slenon

I'd think if you just let a fish swim around in Tung oil until he was well
soaked and then hung him out to dry - he might come out with a pretty

decent
finish.
john

And, they may be used as emergency candles for a decade afterward.

--
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Dark Star

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/i...age92kword.htm

Old April 19th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Asadi

Well, what I thought was a minor cut to the bone on the top of my right bird
flipping finger took a turn for the worse.

I went with family and friends to the Hocking Hills State Forest in Ohio
(the most pretty piece of OH in my opinion).

The cut was a week old and healing nicely - or so I thought.

About two in the morning I woke up in severe pain. The hand looked like a
catchers mitt.

When I got out of bed the wife asked where I was going and I told her to the
bathroom and then to the hospital. Being somewhat 'in the know' as far as
emergency medical conditions go, I figured the finger was gone but that I
might, just might be able to save the hand.

The local ER (local my ass - in the next county) x-rayed, opened up the
finger, poked and prodded and scraped a bunch of stuff and filled me full
of antibiotics (got a bottle of them to boot) and told me to watch it very,
very close.

I'll follow up with my own DR tomorrow.

No kidding. The finger was big, green ,red and nasty...Swelling starting to
go down though and the pain is greatly diminished.

You can't be too careful on those fast moving infections....got that flesh
eating bacteria out there and all.

john
"Tim J." wrote in message

"Asadi" wrote...
snip

Old April 19th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Tim J.

"Asadi" wrote...
[...]

Damn, John (a phrase that is beginning to lose impact). All that pain and you're
still posting to roff. I speak for all when I say we are duly honored.

What with the price of gas these days, maybe you'd save money by moving closer
to the ER. Heal quickly and fully!
--
TL,
Tim

Old April 19th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Tim J." wrote

Damn, John (a phrase that is beginning to lose impact). hilarious, but

bittersweet...

yfitons
wayno

Old April 19th, 2004, 10:35 PM
slenon

You can't be too careful on those fast moving infections....got that flesh
eating bacteria out there and all.
john

Glad you were able to find medical attention. Did they suggest using
peroxide as an additional agent?