Idaho/Montana/Wyoming map.

Old March 18th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Svend Tang-Petersen

Default Idaho/Montana/Wyoming map.

Do any of you have a reference to a good map covering the area where
these 3 states meet ?

Old March 18th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Frank Reid

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=12...&layer=D RG25

--
Frank Reid
Euthanize to reply

Old March 18th, 2005, 07:19 PM
William Claspy

On 3/18/05 2:12 PM, in article , "Frank
Reid" wrote:

Svend Tang-Petersen wrote:
Do any of you have a reference to a good map covering the area where
these 3 states meet ?

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=12...&layer=D RG25

Keep in mind: just because it *shows* Buffalo Lake doesn't mean Buffalo Lake
is really there!

:-)

Bill

Old March 18th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Wolfgang

Reid" wrote:

Svend Tang-Petersen wrote:
Do any of you have a reference to a good map covering the area where
these 3 states meet ?

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=12...&layer=D RG25

Keep in mind: just because it *shows* Buffalo Lake doesn't mean Buffalo
Lake
is really there!

Odd you should mention that. As a matter of fact, they moved it. It is
now at:

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=...&lon=-91.83889

Wolfgang
who knows ya gotta watch 'em every minute!

Old March 18th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Larry L

"Svend Tang-Petersen" wrote in message

Do any of you have a reference to a good map covering the area where
these 3 states meet ?

I carry the DeLormes for all three states ... seems you are constantly
having to open a different one, and things are always at the edge of the
page or binding, but it's still the best I've found ... you ( I believe it
was you ) mentioned the South Fork ... that area is all covered by the Idaho
map

Old March 18th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Larry L

"Larry L" wrote

) mentioned the South Fork ... that area is all covered by the Idaho
map

doh .... obviously wrong and stupid .... the section most destination bound
FlyFisherPeople refer to as "the South Fork" ... i.e. below Palisades is
all in Idaho

Old March 18th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Wayne Knight

Larry L wrote:

I carry the DeLormes for all three states ... seems you are

constantly
having to open a different one, and things are always at the edge of

the
page or binding, but it's still the best I've found ... you ( I

believe it
was you ) mentioned the South Fork ... that area is all covered by

the Idaho
map

Can't you download the Maps to a pc and then to a pda or gps? Not so
much the whole map but the area you're interested in?

Old March 18th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Larry L

"Wayne Knight" wrote

Can't you download the Maps to a pc and then to a pda or gps? Not so
much the whole map but the area you're interested in?

probably, I'm not too techy and don't have either a pda or gps .... hell
..... finding the right page in the printed Atlas challenges my abilities

Old March 18th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Skwala

"Wayne Knight" wrote in message
oups.com...

Can't you download the Maps to a pc and then to a pda or gps? Not so
much the whole map but the area you're interested in?

Even better, do a google for DRG's for the states you are interested in.

DRG stands for Digital Raster Graphic, which is what a topo map is called
when it is stored on a government or educational server somewhere.