pole fishing rigs

Old August 20th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Coach

Default pole fishing rigs

haven't fished for 25 years when few poles were about, made up rigs in the
shops, how are they sold?
obviously hook size float size? are they pre shotted? what is the length of
the line?

cheers
Nick

Old August 20th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Ergo

"Coach" wrote in message
haven't fished for 25 years when few poles were about, made up rigs in the
shops, how are they sold?
obviously hook size float size? are they pre shotted? what is the length
of the line?

cheers
Nick

Nick, the made up pole rigs these days are pre-shotted and come with various
hook sizes. The length of line varies from type to type. Maybe buy one if
you can't remember how to make them, but it is better to make up your own so
you can make them for the waters you are fishing. They are easy enough to
do. There are different shapes for different baits and water conditions and
type of water, still or running. The depth of the bottom will also make a
difference to the length of the rig. If you buy one and plumb the depths you
will get a better idea of what you need to for fishing in the margins or out
in the water. If I fish an unknown water I tend to make my rigs 12' as I can
always cut them down from the top.

It is a bit like guess work at the moment. If you want any further help, go
to my website and e-mail me.

--
Don't go chasing crocks of gold,
or you will miss seeing the rainbows