Ugly fly

Old April 5th, 2007, 04:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Dawn Moe

Default Ugly fly

I posted a pic of an accidental creation on abpf, any thoughts appreciated
as to why it might work. Thanks to any replies.

Jeremy Moe

Old April 5th, 2007, 04:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Ken Fortenberry

Dawn Moe wrote:
I posted a pic of an accidental creation on abpf, any thoughts appreciated
as to why it might work. Thanks to any replies.

Who knows what a fish thinks, but to me it looks like a
pretty good tadpole imitation.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 5th, 2007, 04:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Tim Lysyk

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Dawn Moe wrote:
I posted a pic of an accidental creation on abpf, any thoughts
appreciated as to why it might work. Thanks to any replies.

Who knows what a fish thinks, but to me it looks like a
pretty good tadpole imitation.

I was thinking damsel fly.

Tim Lysyk
Old April 5th, 2007, 05:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Moe[_2_]

"Tim Lysyk" wrote in message
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Dawn Moe wrote:
I posted a pic of an accidental creation on abpf, any thoughts
appreciated as to why it might work. Thanks to any replies.

Who knows what a fish thinks, but to me it looks like a
pretty good tadpole imitation.

I was thinking damsel fly.

Tim Lysyk

Thanks for the replies. I think I might try it on the bluegills in the lake
by my house this weekend. If it doesn't freeze over....again. Snow and ice
suck in April.

Jeremy

Old April 5th, 2007, 05:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
. net...
Dawn Moe wrote:
I posted a pic of an accidental creation on abpf, any thoughts
appreciated as to why it might work. Thanks to any replies.

Who knows what a fish thinks, but to me it looks like a
pretty good tadpole imitation.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Ha, your mother looks like a reasonable tadpole imitation !

Old April 5th, 2007, 06:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Moe[_2_]

Dawn Moe wrote:
I posted a pic of an accidental creation on abpf, any thoughts
appreciated as to why it might work. Thanks to any replies.

Who knows what a fish thinks, but to me it looks like a
pretty good tadpole imitation.

--
Ken Fortenberry Ha, your mother looks like a reasonable tadpole
imitation !

Whatever your differences with Ken may be, he at least gave an honest,
reasonable, thoughtful reply to my post. It would have been nice to see the
same from you. I have done nothing to offend you. Please refrain from
malicious replies to unrelated posts. Thanks.

Jeremy W. Moe

5324 Bryn Mawr Pl.
Muskegon, MI 49442
(I am not anonymous)

Old April 5th, 2007, 11:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
pittendrigh

On Apr 4, 9:03 pm, "Dawn Moe" wrote:
I posted a pic of an accidental creation on abpf, any thoughts appreciated
as to why it might work. Thanks to any replies.

Jeremy Moe

Ugly? Looks good to me. I would use that for catching
Montana trout it shallow, still water lagoons. On the Beartooth
Plateau near Cooke City, for instance, there are too many
deep cold water lakes to count. But the place to catch fish
in summer, in those lakes, is in the shallow water at edges,
particularly
in lagoons where the water is 3-5 feet deep. If you can find
water like that, that's where the big fish will be. And they'd eat
that fly,
if you threw it at them. I'm sure of it.

Old April 23rd, 2007, 03:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
jeffc[_2_]

"Dawn Moe" wrote in message
I posted a pic of an accidental creation on abpf, any thoughts appreciated
as to why it might work. Thanks to any replies.

Sometimes fish will try to take my strike indicator while nymph fishing.
Your fly looks infinitely more like a real bug than an orange foam strike
indicator.

Your fly has buggy looking hackle, and peacock herl which is a known fish
attractor. It might not be the greatest fly of all time, but any hook
wrapped with some peacock herl will catch fish, on the surface or
subsurface.