Ping Sandy

Old April 12th, 2007, 03:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Willi

Default Ping Sandy

Sandy,

You posted a source for Teflon tubing to use with Zap A Gap. Could you
please post it again?

Willi

Old April 13th, 2007, 03:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
pittendrigh

On Apr 12, 8:18 am, Willi wrote:
Sandy,

You posted a source for Teflon tubing to use with Zap A Gap. Could you
please post it again?

Willi

Hi Willi:

http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/...ue-step-3.html

....the above page has a link to Action Electronics, which sells it.
I bought 3 or 4 100' rolls in varying thicknesses about 20 years ago.
If I live to 150 I might use it all up. But now they sell it in
shorter quantities,
so you don't have to live that long if you don't wan to.

I use it (mostly) for dispensing super glue. I cut the top off the
glue bottle and then shove tubing
all the way down to the bottom of the bottle. Then I caulk it in place
with a hot melt
glue gun. That way you never have to tip the bottle. Instead you
squeeze it.
In chemistry class they called that a 'wash bottle.'

If the tubing ever clogs up, it does so at the tip of the tubing, so
all you have to do
is snip a sixteenth of an inch off the end of the tubing, and then
voila,
you can deposit micro-drops of super glue exactly where you need them--
again.

In the 1980s I tried selling it as 'Sandy's Super Fly.'
But then I learned you had to sell 20,000 bottles as week to make
money.
So I went back to pounding nails (and now keyboards).

.....here's another way to use it.

http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/...s/Article.html

Old April 13th, 2007, 06:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
rw

pittendrigh wrote:

....here's another way to use it.

http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/...s/Article.html