March Browns

Old March 9th, 2007, 05:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Larry L

Default March Browns

My point in posting is this .... finding good March Brown patterns, and
fishing strategies

I haven't fished this hatch much as for most of my life I was very busy with
work in the Spring and fishing was out of the question, however, I
understand they tend to emerge under the surface and while rising to it and
"wet" flies are the best offerings.

If you have a March Brown pattern ( or tactic/technique ) that you want to
share, I'm all ears and thank you in advance. Any advice with be put to
good use and very soon, I've caught and keyed out a few MBs on a couple
different 'home waters' this week and will be fishing several days a week as
long as conditions favor it here close to home.

Old March 9th, 2007, 06:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
pittendrigh

On Mar 9, 10:37 am, "Larry L" wrote:
My point in posting is this .... finding good March Brown patterns, and
fishing strategies

Hi Larry:

You're probably thinking dryflies, but I do have the following nymph
link:

http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/...own-Nymph.html

Old March 9th, 2007, 10:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Tom Littleton

would you be talking Eastern March Browns or
Western? Or English, for that matter.....At any rate,
all three are very different insects. If you fish in Colorado,
my Penn's Creek March Browns will be useless. If you are coming to the
clave......well, I might have ideas of interest!
Tom

Old March 10th, 2007, 12:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Larry L

"pittendrigh" wrote

You're probably thinking dryflies, but I do have the following nymph
link:

http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/...own-Nymph.html

no, nymphs are fine and that looks likd a nice one ....

Old March 10th, 2007, 12:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Larry L

"Tom Littleton" wrote in message

would you be talking Eastern March Browns or
Western? Or English, for that matter.....

Mine are in California .... G