Giant stream cleats?

Old December 1st, 2003, 07:38 PM
Allen Soroka

Default Giant stream cleats?

I tried unsuccessfully to fit those Dan Bailey Stream Cleats in the Giant
size over my size 14 wading boots. Anyone with leads on bigger stream
cleats than these, please post.
Al Soroka
Vancouver, B.C.

Old December 1st, 2003, 07:50 PM
rb608

"Allen Soroka" wrote in message
I tried unsuccessfully to fit those Dan Bailey Stream Cleats in the Giant
size over my size 14 wading boots. Anyone with leads on bigger stream
cleats than these, please post.

Last year, I finally upgraded to new waders and found that my old Korkers
that used to fit fine on my size 10 boot-foot waders were too small for the
size 13 Hodgeman boots I bought for the new breathables.

This fall, I bought a new pair of XL Korkers, & they were just right for the
size 13's. (FWIW, if you go that route, the best price I found was
directly from the manufacturer's website.)

$.02,
Joe F.

Old December 2nd, 2003, 03:47 AM
Bill Kiene

Hi All,

For years we sold the original Korker sandals and Dan Bailey's Stream Cleats
for wading big rocky rivers. With the onset of studded felt shoes, sales of
these products slowly died off.

A few years back we noticed that the Bailey's Stream Cleats were completely
remodeled and are now better than ever. We still order some for some local
biologists that use them over boot foot waders.

If you get the cleats and your boots wet and still can't get them on, you
are probably out of luck.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

Old December 2nd, 2003, 10:52 AM
riverman

"rb608" wrote in message

(FWIW, if you go that route, the best price I found was
directly from the manufacturer's website.)

$.02,
Joe F.

Damn, Joe, thats a GREAT price!!

-riverman
(always looking for a bargain)

Old December 3rd, 2003, 01:56 AM
Mike Connor

Allen Soroka wrote in message ...
I tried unsuccessfully to fit those Dan Bailey Stream Cleats in the Giant
size over my size 14 wading boots. Anyone with leads on bigger stream
cleats than these, please post.
Al Soroka
Vancouver, B.C.

I use these on my felts, for rock, ice etc;

http://www.samson-web.ch/rshandel/schuhketten.html

This is a German site, but you should be able to find something
similar in the States.

TL
MC
Old December 3rd, 2003, 02:00 AM
Mike Connor

Allen Soroka wrote in message ...
I tried unsuccessfully to fit those Dan Bailey Stream Cleats in the Giant
size over my size 14 wading boots. Anyone with leads on bigger stream
cleats than these, please post.
Al Soroka
Vancouver, B.C.

A search on "shoe chains" will turn up a lot of hits like this one;
http://www.rudchain.com/snow/shoe.htm

These are better than studs or cleats, and you can also of course
easily take them off when you want to use the felts.

TL
MC
Old December 3rd, 2003, 02:02 AM
walt winter

Default Retopic: merry christmas mike... was Giant stream cleats?

Mike Connor wrote:
I use these on my felts, for rock, ice etc;

http://www.samson-web.ch/rshandel/schuhketten.html

This is a German site, but you should be able to find something
similar in the States.

TL
MC

good to see ya kickin' mike.... damn good to see ya back.

wally