Big Brownie's On The Test

Old June 10th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Jon

Default Big Brownie's On The Test

I wondered if anyone can help, I was fishing the Test on Sunday and a friend
(not me) caught a 91/4 lb Brown Trout out of the Kimbridge Gingerbeer Beat.
Does anyone know the record for that river?

Jon

Old June 14th, 2004, 08:34 AM
W. D. Grey

In article , Jon
writes
I wondered if anyone can help, I was fishing the Test on Sunday and a friend
(not me) caught a 91/4 lb Brown Trout out of the Kimbridge Gingerbeer Beat.
Does anyone know the record for that river?

I hope he put it back :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old June 14th, 2004, 12:46 PM
laxhill

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:34:54 +0100, "W. D. Grey"
wrote:

In article , Jon
writes
I wondered if anyone can help, I was fishing the Test on Sunday and a friend
(not me) caught a 91/4 lb Brown Trout out of the Kimbridge Gingerbeer Beat.
Does anyone know the record for that river?

I hope he put it back :-)

I returned a 15llb raindow at Stocks Res on Saturday - do I get a
brownie point ;-)

Old June 14th, 2004, 02:24 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , laxhill
writes
I returned a 15llb raindow at Stocks Res on Saturday - do I get a
brownie point ;-)

Several in fact.

Why should you want to return a Rainbow anyway? No money at the end of
it?
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old June 14th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , W. D. Grey
wrote:
In article , Jon
writes
I wondered if anyone can help, I was fishing the Test on Sunday and a friend
(not me) caught a 91/4 lb Brown Trout out of the Kimbridge Gingerbeer Beat.
Does anyone know the record for that river?

I hope he put it back :-)

Might be better kept - most at that size will be cannibals.

Most brownies here go over somewhere around the three pound mark. Generally
they get up to about 4-5lb and then go back. Most of the ones I've caught
have been long thin and toothy but only around 2 1/2lb. About now when the
minnows are spawning is the only time you ever see the real big ones. The
record here (a somewhat lesser chalkstream) is over 12lb btw so I'd expect
the test to have grown them bigger. On the Test there is a high chance the
fish was a stockie.

Cheerio,

Old June 14th, 2004, 07:50 PM
laxhill

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:24:10 +0100, "W. D. Grey"
wrote:

In article , laxhill
writes
I returned a 15llb raindow at Stocks Res on Saturday - do I get a
brownie point ;-)

Several in fact.

Why should you want to return a Rainbow anyway? No money at the end of
it?

Season ticket catch and release - barbless hook - took a size 12
buzzer on 8lb fluo.
Keith

Old June 14th, 2004, 09:10 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , laxhill
writes
Season ticket catch and release - barbless hook - took a size 12
buzzer on 8lb fluo.

In that case, very well done - it must have had your nerves jangling at
the time :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old June 18th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Jon

Just to let you know what happened
My friend with the full knowledge of the Ghillie from Orvis decided to take
the trout and it is now being mounted in a case.
He will not let us forget and has even threatened to have it placed in our
local!!

"Derek.Moody" wrote in message
In article , W. D. Grey
wrote: