Sage rod repairs

Old June 4th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Dan

Default Sage rod repairs

Hi,
I wondering if anyone had any experience/recommendations/comments on getting
a sage rod repaired or renewed?
I bought it 2 years ago from America, paid the duty etc, but it snapped on
me last week. (Just above the cork handle)
I've emailed sage and they advise that I can send it back to them in USA but
I'll have to pay cost of postage and insurance both ways. They suggest I
contact a Sage dealer over here if I want to and get the repair or renewal
done here.
Any comments or recommended dealers who might be able to assist?
Thanks in advance,
Danny

---

Old June 4th, 2004, 11:54 PM
laxhill

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 20:50:15 +0100, "Dan" wrote:

Hi,
I wondering if anyone had any experience/recommendations/comments on getting
a sage rod repaired or renewed?
I bought it 2 years ago from America, paid the duty etc, but it snapped on
me last week. (Just above the cork handle)
I've emailed sage and they advise that I can send it back to them in USA but
I'll have to pay cost of postage and insurance both ways. They suggest I
contact a Sage dealer over here if I want to and get the repair or renewal
done here.
Any comments or recommended dealers who might be able to assist?
Thanks in advance,
Danny

---

Try Sportfish www.sportfish.co.uk
Keith
Old June 6th, 2004, 07:31 AM
roddytoo

"Dan" wrote in message
Hi,
I wondering if anyone had any experience/recommendations/comments on

getting
a sage rod repaired or renewed?
I bought it 2 years ago from America, paid the duty etc, but it snapped on
me last week. (Just above the cork handle)
I've emailed sage and they advise that I can send it back to them in USA

but
I'll have to pay cost of postage and insurance both ways. They suggest I
contact a Sage dealer over here if I want to and get the repair or renewal
done here.
Any comments or recommended dealers who might be able to assist?
Thanks in advance,
Danny

Hi
Try Gary Coxon, he is the UK Sage represetative and was very helpful when I
broke mine a while back, total cost was around £35.

Tel: 01606 882891

HTH
Chris

Old June 6th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Dan

Thanks chaps,
I'll contact them tomorrow.
Regards,
Danny

Old June 10th, 2004, 11:29 PM
colm curran

think ill cancel any plans to buy a sage rod, heard too many stories of
breakages
"Dan" wrote in message
Thanks chaps,
I'll contact them tomorrow.
Regards,
Danny

Old June 13th, 2004, 08:27 PM
roddytoo

"colm curran" wrote in message
. ..
think ill cancel any plans to buy a sage rod, heard too many stories of
breakages

No more than any other, at least they have a good replacement system.
Chris