Stoves?

Old November 12th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Danny

Default Stoves?

Hi, any recommendations on cooking stoves?

Gas seems to be the tidiest, but I am open to suggestions, as I have
absolutely no idea what to look for in a stove.

All I want it for is basic cooking. IE/ Eggs, bacon, water for coffee/pot
noodles, etc.

Cheers.

Old November 12th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Ergo

Danny wrote:
Hi, any recommendations on cooking stoves?

Gas seems to be the tidiest, but I am open to suggestions, as I have
absolutely no idea what to look for in a stove.

All I want it for is basic cooking. IE/ Eggs, bacon, water for
coffee/pot noodles, etc.

Cheers.

Go to one of these camping shops and buy youself a Trangier. Three bowls in
one, a kettle with enough water to shave and have breakfast, cook all your
breakfeast and coffee. Extra water into the flask for coffee.

--
Ergo ²°°³
A day without sunshine is like, well, night!

---
Don't worry I am virus free atm. rofl

Old November 12th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Izaak

"Ergo" wrote in message
Danny wrote:
Hi, any recommendations on cooking stoves?

Gas seems to be the tidiest, but I am open to suggestions, as I have
absolutely no idea what to look for in a stove.

Go to one of these camping shops and buy youself a Trangier. Three bowls

in
one, a kettle with enough water to shave and have breakfast, cook all your
breakfeast and coffee. Extra water into the flask for coffee.

Yes, you'll get the best choice in a camping shop but, if there isn't one
nearby, Milletts do small gas stoves + pot & pan combos.

Old November 12th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Gray

I've got me caravan so full gas stove for hot
fridge for COLD beer (and Vodka)
Heating for cold nights
spare ice box for maggots

Old November 12th, 2003, 10:26 PM
Goldeneye

I would reccomend against the Trangia myself as meths is diffficult to burn
when it is cold (unless you get the gas conversion). I personally prefer
petrol stoves as you can always fill them up! However the new
propane/butane mix gas stoves with fuel pre-heaters are also very good

Old November 12th, 2003, 11:09 PM
Richard

"Goldeneye" wrote in message
I would reccomend against the Trangia myself as meths is diffficult to

burn
when it is cold (unless you get the gas conversion). I personally prefer
petrol stoves as you can always fill them up! However the new
propane/butane mix gas stoves with fuel pre-heaters are also very good

Some don't like petrol stoves as they 'feel' the smell may contaminate food
and bait.

The comments re propane/butane mix are spot on though. With Butane you can
have trouble in relatively mild weather (4 C) but the 'mix' works well to
very low temperatures.

I am an 'all year' caravanner also and use propane in that for the same
reason.

Richard

---

Old November 13th, 2003, 12:57 AM
John

You won't go wrong with a coleman sportster 533 dual fuel. They run on
unleaded petrol and are mighty powerful. Even in cold, wet and windy
conditions they boil a kettle in no time. I have used one for years and
found them very hard wearing and reliable.

John

--
Remove P's and BEANZ from to reply

Old November 13th, 2003, 08:44 AM
rob

i use a sportster as well and keep a lenth of tubing with a in line filter
fitted in my car for refilling
but these stoves have been known to clog up
i put a dash of redex in and have had no probs up to now
the cheapest is the campig gas stove i think it is a 206
the cartridges for these can be had for a quid a time and last a good while
i tend to use one of these mostly
because they are light and cheap to run

Old November 13th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Danny

Sounds good! And the look on the bailiffs face would be hilarious when I
park a caravan on the peg. ;-)))