Masterline

Old November 5th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Declan Doherty

Default Masterline

Hi,
Does anyone have an email address for Masterline? I need a replacement
section for my "John Wilson Avon Quiver" rod.. I've tried their website, but
the only contact option is an on-line form (which i've tried without a reply
so far)..

Thanks, Declan

Old November 6th, 2003, 06:25 AM
Alex

Be prepared for a shock!
Cannot remember the address now but some time back I ordered a new Avon
section for my old John Wilson Avon Quiver. It cost around £40
You can buy the new signiture rod for around £65 here. This one can be
extended to 13ft.
http://www.nimpopo.com/acatalog/coar...tackle_52.html

Old November 6th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Declan

Gulp! Thank's Alex... The rod on the link is exactly the same as
mine.. Any idea what the manufacturers warranty is on these things?

Cheers, Declan

Old November 6th, 2003, 05:32 PM
Ergo

Declan wrote:
Gulp! Thank's Alex... The rod on the link is exactly the same as
mine.. Any idea what the manufacturers warranty is on these things?

Phone Tony and ask 01323 485423
--
Ergo ²°°³
A day without sunshine is like, well, night!

---
Don't worry I am virus free atm. rofl

Old November 6th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Alex

"Declan" wrote in message
om...
Gulp! Thank's Alex... The rod on the link is exactly the same as
mine.. Any idea what the manufacturers warranty is on these things?

Cheers, Declan

Don't know the warranty details. It would depend on how long you have had
the rod and what is wrong with it.
If it broke on casting because the line was trapped in the tip ring, or you
slammed it in a car door, get your cheque book out, that sort of break is
quite apparent as damaged by misuse.
However all goods bought are supposed to be "Fit for the purpose they were
sold for". A fishing rod used correctly would be expected to last a
reasonable amount of time. If the blank was faulty when purchased then you
could have a claim. How long have you had the Rod?
Under new EU legislation it is up the "Seller" to Prove the goods were "not
faulty" at the time of purchase rather than as before, the buyer having to
prove they were, after 6 months this is reversed, with the onus once again
on the buyer having to prove the goods were faulty.
The bottom line is, if the rod is less than six months old and you feel it
has broken through. being faulty rather than misuse, then you should make a
claim for a replacement from where you bought the rod, not the manufacture.
Thats who your contract is with. Have you still got the receipt?

Alex.

Old November 10th, 2003, 03:28 PM
Declan

Hi - an update on my rod.. I 'phoned Masterline today. The lady who
answered the phone was great. She put me straight through to a really
helpfull guy (no hanging on for ages listening to muzak!). I told him
which rod I had and the section I needed, he asked for my address and
said he'd pop one in the post! It took about 3 minutes and it was
sorted! I think i'd recommend Masterline to anyone - the rods been
great (up until it broke!) and the customer service is terrific..!

Declan
Old November 10th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Ergo

Declan wrote:
Hi - an update on my rod.. I 'phoned Masterline today. The lady who
answered the phone was great. She put me straight through to a really
helpfull guy (no hanging on for ages listening to muzak!). I told him
which rod I had and the section I needed, he asked for my address and
said he'd pop one in the post! It took about 3 minutes and it was
sorted! I think i'd recommend Masterline to anyone - the rods been
great (up until it broke!) and the customer service is terrific..!

Declan

At last some real customer service. Good for you
--
Ergo ²°°³
A day without sunshine is like, well, night!
www.eric-gales.co.uk

---
Don't worry I am virus free atm. rofl