Pike on a Fly

Old March 9th, 2004, 01:06 AM
roadkill

Default Pike on a Fly

I beleive that any Perch colored fly: Green,Black,Yellow,or Red, that
is a streamer type pattern will work for Pike. Is this true??
roadkill
Old March 9th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Laurent Doiron

try bright dark yellow / chartreuse green and orange will excite them. Also
don't be afraid to get them even up to 8 or 12 inches. they are threatened
and wil strike.

--
eagletip

Old March 17th, 2004, 09:21 PM
roadkill

"roadkill" wrote in message
I beleive that any Perch colored fly: Green,Black,Yellow,or Red, that
is a streamer type pattern will work for Pike. Is this true??
roadkill

eagletip what size rod and weight line are you using? I am using a 9
foot rod with a 7 weight line. I also using a 30 lb mono tippet. I
have tried steel tippets but they are a pain. roadkill

Old April 7th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Hooked

"Hack" wrote in message

Mono tippets are a good way to leave hooks in pike and lose flies. Try

eight
inches of super-supple multistrand wire in 28lb BS, double-looped. Avoid

any
wire which has a tendency to kink

Are you suggesting the use of titanium wire?

Old April 10th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Hack

"Hooked" wrote in message
"Hack" wrote in message

Mono tippets are a good way to leave hooks in pike and lose flies. Try

eight
inches of super-supple multistrand wire in 28lb BS, double-looped. Avoid

any
wire which has a tendency to kink

Are you suggesting the use of titanium wire?

No, there are a few super-soft steel multistrands around now. They're not
super-thin, but it just doesn't matter.