Foam

Old May 13th, 2004, 12:34 AM
hermit

Default Foam

I am looking to buy foam - not the typical flat pieces, but the round
type 1/8 inch. Cannot seem to find any at local fly shops. Any web
distributors available?

Thanks,

Dick Williams
Old May 13th, 2004, 01:30 AM
Stuart DeWolfe

Try using brass tubing you get from a hobby shop & fitting in a dowel rod
epoxy it in. Then use it in your drill to cut your own round shapes. This
works real well I have 6 different sizes myself.
news

Old May 13th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Padishar Creel

I have a complete set of the trout cutters (see website below) and I am very
happy with them. Be sure to use some soapy water when drilling sandal
foam...Also he has sandal foam as well...many colors...

http://www.jvlnet.com/~swinters/products.html

Chris

PS a great guy to talk fly fishing with as well...
news

Old May 13th, 2004, 08:14 AM
JR

hermit wrote:

I am looking to buy foam - not the typical flat pieces, but the round
type 1/8 inch. Cannot seem to find any at local fly shops. Any web
distributors available?

Rainy's float foam is available from Kaufmann's

http://tinyurl.com/3gl7u

and many others no doubt.

JR