Anybody home?

Old August 12th, 2009, 07:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
chas

Default Anybody home?

Just wondering if anybody is still tying, maybe you're all out fishing?

Hope so.

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

Old August 13th, 2009, 10:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Mark Bowen

"chas" wrote in message
Just wondering if anybody is still tying, maybe you're all out fishing?

Hope so.

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

I've been tyin' up hideously ugly damsel/dragon fly patterns (palmer hackle
around the body) for our small trout (12 to 18 inchers), and tthey are
working pretty dang well!

Any word on your rod? Hope ya get it back. I just sold a rod to a fishin'
buddy the other week--only second rod I have ever sold, I like to keep rods
whether or not I use them. Naturally, he broke the tip-top off the very next
day, after a few hours of fishin'!

Take care,
Op

Old August 13th, 2009, 12:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
jeff

Mark Bowen wrote:
"chas" wrote in message
Just wondering if anybody is still tying, maybe you're all out fishing?

Hope so.

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

I've been tyin' up hideously ugly damsel/dragon fly patterns (palmer hackle
around the body) for our small trout (12 to 18 inchers), and they are
working pretty dang well!

i knew you had delusions of grandeur...but calling a 12-18" NC trout
"small" is damning evidence of a serious psychosis!! g unless you're
fishing in trout-pellet enriched club waters for zoo trout, a NC wild
trout in that range is spectacular. good work mark... hope to see you
and some of those small trout in sept.

jeff
Old August 14th, 2009, 02:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Mark Bowen

"jeff" wrote in message
Mark Bowen wrote:
"chas" wrote in message
Just wondering if anybody is still tying, maybe you're all out fishing?

Hope so.

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

I've been tyin' up hideously ugly damsel/dragon fly patterns (palmer
hackle around the body) for our small trout (12 to 18 inchers), and they
are working pretty dang well!

i knew you had delusions of grandeur...but calling a 12-18" NC trout
"small" is damning evidence of a serious psychosis!! g unless you're
fishing in trout-pellet enriched club waters for zoo trout, a NC wild
trout in that range is spectacular. good work mark... hope to see you and
some of those small trout in sept.

jeff

Um, actually I was referrin' to our trout being small in relation to what
Chas is used to catchin' up in the great white North. I believe I remember
that he lives in Alaska or some such heavenly location.

Of course, I suffer from pyschotic delusions, but it has nothing to do with
my fishin'! You of all ROFFians should know that.

Pencil in Labor Day for a campin' excursion from the Greentown Trail to the
Falls. You'll enjoy my latest fishin' buddy, Mr. John Smith. He is a very
fine young man and a God to me. He is 37 and married a most beautiful 23
year old woman--with money!

Op

Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Frank Reid[_2_]

I personally have been tying cress bugs, sowbugs and scuds to fish the
White in Arkansas in October. This really sucks 'cause I've never
seen any of these things in the wild.
Frank Reid
(kicked ass today on Olive Creek resevoir here in NE)
Old August 24th, 2009, 07:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
chas

"Mark Bowen" wrote:

"chas" wrote in message
Just wondering if anybody is still tying, maybe you're all out fishing?

Hope so.

Chas
remove fly fish to e mail directly

I've been tyin' up hideously ugly damsel/dragon fly patterns (palmer hackle
around the body) for our small trout (12 to 18 inchers), and tthey are
working pretty dang well!

Any word on your rod? Hope ya get it back. I just sold a rod to a fishin'
buddy the other week--only second rod I have ever sold, I like to keep rods
whether or not I use them. Naturally, he broke the tip-top off the very next
day, after a few hours of fishin'!

Take care,
Op

Thanks OP, but the rod is still in someone else's hands. Maybe the park
service has it, and it will eventually show up, but I'm short on confidence.

I have a favorite dansel pattern for our small 16-22 inch rainbows. The water
is too warm now, but a month ago it was pretty good in the eastern Washington
lakes. I use an extended body of blue foam, or blue antron yarn, 4 small
grizzly hackles tied to lie flat, two forward, two back, and a grizzly hackle
wrapped between them for body and legs.

Old August 24th, 2009, 07:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
chas

"Mark Bowen" wrote:

"jeff" wrote in message
t...
Mark Bowen wrote:
"chas" wrote in message
[...]

I suppose from NC it might seem like Alaska, but I'm near Seattle. Currently
tying flies for pink salmon and king salmon. Andy caught a 23 pound king
yesterday. I haven't landed one since July.

Old August 25th, 2009, 01:38 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Mark Bowen

"chas" wrote in message
"Mark Bowen" wrote:

"jeff" wrote in message
et...
Mark Bowen wrote:
"chas" wrote in message
[...]

Okay, you're my new God, a 23 year-old woman can hardly compare to a 23 lb.
King Salmon :~^ )

Well, you may not be able to see Russia from your house, but it's still a
very heavenly location, or so I've seen at night from behind the windscreen
of a big truck in very snowy and icy conditions comin' over some scarey as
hell mountains!

Oh yeah, if I were you, I'd sue the Parks Service for allowin' ya to leave
your rod behind, after a good fay of fishin'!

Take care, and if ya ever make it out this away--give me a holler!

Op

Old August 29th, 2009, 06:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
chas

"Mark Bowen" wrote:

"chas" wrote in message
"Mark Bowen" wrote:

"jeff" wrote in message
. net...
Mark Bowen wrote:
"chas" wrote in message
[...]

ThanksOP, I'll do that, and you make sure to let me know next time you're in
the neighborhood.