Penguins

Old January 18th, 2009, 02:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
[email protected]

Default Penguins

Was reading about the Northern Rockhopper penguins on MSN. Sad and I
hope they are able to determine why the species is declining.

That perked my interest in the direction of penguin feathers for tying
purposes. A google search did not bring anything up regarding feathers
for tying. Many of the species are not endangerd and I was wondering
if anyone here could shed any insite on penguins and tying.

Guy
Old January 18th, 2009, 02:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Tom Littleton

wrote in message
I was wondering
if anyone here could shed any insite on penguins and tying.

I have never heard of penguin feathers being used for any
pattern. I wonder what texture the feathers have.....I would think that
there would be some sort of water-resistant, CDC type stuff on them
someplace.
Tom

Old January 18th, 2009, 02:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
[email protected]

On Jan 18, 7:42*am, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
wrote in message

I was wondering
if anyone here could shed any insite on penguins and tying.

I have never heard of penguin feathers being used for any
pattern. I wonder what texture the feathers have.....I would think that
there would be some sort of water-resistant, CDC type stuff on them
someplace.

That was exactly my thought.