To da Joisey Boyze

Old August 2nd, 2008, 08:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

Default To da Joisey Boyze

Hey youse guys:
To help you understand the ruckus you are causing here, let me put it
another way.

Imagine that you guys are all sitting around telling your stories,
having lots of little fun converstations, and making your rules to
guide your little chats. Lets even imagine that you are doing it
electronically, through a membership-driven chat group. Fine.

Then suddenly, some system administrator decides that he wants to make
it seem like MORE people are involved in your little group. So he does
the equivalent of stick a microphone in the middle of your room and
broadcast your little membership-driven chat over a loudspeaker for
another whole group to hear.

Considering that the whole other group (USENET) has its own procotols,
etiquitte, rules, social dynamics, etc., your sudden appearance there
is, to say the least, invasive. Some of the rules of USENET are not
just tradition...they are driven by the structure of the format, and
the fact that many people worldwide have to pay for access, and pay
for downloading stuff. For example, we don't post binaries here
(pictures) because the files are too big. We don't post word documents
here because they don't show. We also don't do several other things
for various reasons. Its your job to find out what those things
are...which is hard if you think you're still all alone in your little
chat group in New Jersey.

Whether you like it or not, your stupid site admin stuck that stupid
microphone right in the middle of your chat group and is broadcasting
your site here. We don't mind if some, or all, of you want to join
USENET...as long as you realize that its NOT the New Jersey Flyfishing
forum.

So far, polite requests to have the damn microphone removed have
failed. Things on rofft have gotten slightly ugly, with name calling,
etc. One of the traditions here on roff is that we reserve the OT,
chit chat and namecalling bull**** to roff and preserve rofft for On
Topic and helpful stuff. So you're stepping all over that.

So help us help you: contact your sysadmin and have him unlink USENET
from your chat group. Those of you who want to broaden your horizons,
come join roff.

But remember...your little in-house conversations are being broadcast
all over the world, in other people's houses, and you don't get to
make all the rules.

--riverman
Old August 2nd, 2008, 08:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Stonefly[_6_]

Don't you just love it when some jackass from out of state uses the term
"youse guys", New Jersey isn't Brooklyn stupid! But one term is
universal...**** off.

--
Stonefly

Fishing or thinking about fishing...
Old August 2nd, 2008, 08:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
babyblue[_6_]

Don't like it TUNE OUT! What third world country youse guys from?:rofl:

--
babyblue
Old August 2nd, 2008, 08:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 2, 9:00*pm, riverman wrote:
Hey youse guys:
To help you understand the ruckus you are causing here, let me put it
another way.

What remains of ROFF is largely a bunch of self, and American-centred
idiots who if they had any regard for international users would long
ago have ceased misusing the group in such a manner. Accusing others
of causing disruption while actively engaging in a particularly
abusive variation of it merely shoes how stupid they are.

This group was more or less dead in the water before these guys
started posting here, and I for one would rather have the Jersey guys
posting here than you lot.

Up to now this group was pleasant enough. Fortenberry , LaCourse and
others kept their potty mouthed ignorance mainly to ROFF.

What´s up? Not enough newbies or other innocents there to upset and
abuse?

Stay on ROFF, or post about flies here, and you will have no
problems. Apart from which, there is nothing you can do about it
anyway.

Mike Connor

http://www.mike1.bplaced.net/Wikka/HomePage
Old August 2nd, 2008, 08:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
riverman[_2_]

Yeah, OK, the 'youse guys' thing was inappropriate. But you'd be pretty
foolish thinking Hong Kong was a third world country.

The point is that your chat group is being broadcast worldwide, to
audiences who don't necessarily want the traffic, and you seem
completely unaware that the posting rules are different in the other
forums.

Merely 'toning it out' isn't an option. We're trying to get your
sysadmin to disconnect the feed. You are all welcome to join USENET, but
at least do it knowingly, not via an inappropriate linkage, so that you
can participate fully and appropriately there. Not everyone in the world
is interested in everything that you guys post about here, any more than
you seem concerned with what goes on in the rest of the world.

-riverman

--
riverman
Old August 2nd, 2008, 08:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
babyblue[_7_]

OK, Hong Kong is part of China. So, you are right, it's not a third
world country, it's a GODLESS, COMMUNIST, third world country!

--
babyblue

Old August 2nd, 2008, 09:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
riverman[_3_]

Your sig has the statement "Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed."
It seems that ignorance is not so easy to fix.

--riverman

--
riverman
Old August 2nd, 2008, 09:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
dcabarle[_27_]

and you would be pretty foolish thinking it wasn't under communist rule.
They are no longer a British territory or haven't you heard the news
from whatever planet you're writing from.

The point is that this chat group is being broadcast worldwide... SO
WHAT!!!! Seems to me as if the only people complaining are 4-5 clowns
who just happen to know the english language.

riverman;119510 Wrote:
[...]

Thanks to affirmative action, we are all equal.
'Technorati Profile' (http://tinyurl.com/2n68mt)
'AuctionAds' (?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?
!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"
html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"
head
title400 - Bad Request/title
/head
body
h1400 - Bad Request/h1
/body
/html
)
Old August 2nd, 2008, 09:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
babyblue[_8_]

Thankyou, thankyou very much!

1: Why have the authorities in China curtailed driving in Beijing to
clear the air? So Olympic contestants won't die.

2: Can any say "Tienimen Square"

3: Let's go beat, torture, imprison and murder some Buddhist Monks.

So, like I said, you are right, it's not a third world country, It's a
GODLESS, COMMUNIST, POLLUTED, STINKING, WRETCHED third world
country!:rofl:

--
babyblue