Best Ontario trib. pattern for salmon?

Old July 26th, 2008, 03:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
DoubleHaul[_18_]

Default Best Ontario trib. pattern for salmon?

Hey Salmon River Anglers,
Was is you favorite streamer pattern for King & Coho Salmon. I'm
hosting a swap on another site I belong to and was just wondering what
you like to tie/fish with?

Thanks,
DH

--
DoubleHaul
Old July 26th, 2008, 04:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
daytripper

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 22:21:04 -0400, DoubleHaul
wrote:

Hey Salmon River Anglers,
Was is you favorite streamer pattern for King & Coho Salmon. I'm
hosting a swap on another site I belong to and was just wondering what
you like to tie/fish with?

Thanks,
DH

fwiw, brown patterns , particularly the classic Brown Bear Green Butt - were
the most successful for me and my partner during last fall's run. Worked much
better than any egg or leech patterns we used. Don't know why that was - the
year before we were nailing salmon and steelhead with chartreuse egg patterns,
and pink or purple leeches. Same sections of the river for both seasons, too.

If we do it again this year, we'll be armed with plenty of all three styles -
and hope the fish don't go for something completely different ;-)

/daytripper
Old July 26th, 2008, 05:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
AKSkim[_76_]

Just bring the farm.

[image: http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b.../DSCN5412.jpg]

[image: http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b.../DSCN5413.jpg]

[image: http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b.../DSCN5414.jpg]

--
AKSkim

*.... Red Sox Nation *and the rest of MLB
#1 in posts scrubbed, -166 and still counting.-
-AK Skim NEFF leader in Off Topic Banter, 117 Posts.-
WINNER OF THE NEFF 2007 MOST PRESTIGIOUS AWARD
*P - You know E who you Tare you snakE...*
Old July 26th, 2008, 05:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
theartoflee[_35_]

DH

Although I do not fish much for Kings or KoHos I hear the two hot
patterns are green and orange sponge. You can get them at Fat Nancys
right next the bead eggs. I used to never imagine that people used the
sponges for fishing till I retrieved a few from snags. When I first
started fishing the salmon ten years ago you wouldn't believe what the
hot fly was..

I have heard people say that kings dont hit flys.. in fact I once went
out with some chick who thought she knew it when it came to fly fishing.
You see she had studied fly fishing while at penn state and she told
that kings dont hit flys blah blah blah. Well let me tell you I have
seen plenty of mudsharks hit a fly.

Try swinging some of the flys below over those sharks. If one doesnt
take it you might get a brown or steelhead. When it comes to tying them
I like to tie them real big early and late in the season.

[image: http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...e/tube1-1.jpg]

[image: http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f162/thewylie/pf.jpg]

[image: http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ie/oneper.jpg]

[image: http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ylie/BBGB.jpg]

[image: http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...lie/revbt.jpg]

--
theartoflee

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains
a fool forever.
Old July 26th, 2008, 05:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
theartoflee[_36_]

double post..