Warm water flies

Old March 27th, 2008, 12:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Pete[_17_]

Default Warm water flies

Bluegills are easy. Any of the flys you've been using for trout will be
fine.

You can also add small cork poppers, & spun deer hair bugs to the mix
(keep the size of a bluegills mouth in mind).

For Bass, use streamers that mimic the predominant forrage fish in the
waters your'e fishing, and full sized bass bugs.

--
Pete
Old March 27th, 2008, 01:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
streamcaddis

I have been teaching a 11 year old to tie flies. He wants to tie flies
for bluegill and bass. I have tied trout flies for about forty years
but have no clue what to tie for bluegills. I need HELP !!..
Old March 27th, 2008, 03:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
flytire[_4_]

streamcaddis,

*any* fly you tie for trout will work for bluegills and sunfish. they
are not fussy at all.

--
flytire

http://www.danica.com/FLYTIER/nfrechette/nfrechette.htm
Old March 28th, 2008, 11:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
dcabarle[_23_]

A small suggestion for you... Tie with large hooks. These fish don't
think about what they're doing. They aren't selective like trout.
Something hits the water and they're all over it. These fish ALWAYS
swallow hooks, so I find that using popper sized hooks on these fish
makes it a helluva lot easier to remove them from the fish's mouth.
Don't worry about their mouths not being able to open wide enough,
you'll hook plenty!

--
dcabarle

'Technorati Profile' (http://tinyurl.com/2n68mt)
'AuctionAds' (http://www.auctionads.com/refer_ d8ab292c52a30ff7404d)
Old March 28th, 2008, 12:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
streamcaddis

On Mar 27, 8:08*am, streamcaddis wrote:
I have been teaching a 11 year old to tie flies. He wants to tie flies
for bluegill and bass. I have tied trout flies for about forty years
but have no clue what to tie for bluegills. I need HELP !!..

Thank you for all the info, it really helped . I spent a lot of time
on the web looking up warm water / bluegill flies.
Old March 31st, 2008, 03:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Frank Berg

Foam spiders with rubber legs. Use any kind of foam from closed cell to
open foam. I have used them for years and given a handfull of these, he
will have a better than even chance of getting more than he can lift out of
the water...

Old April 13th, 2008, 02:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
flytire[_5_]

[image: http://www.myfishingpictures.com/wat...hp?file=88295]

any bright color foam and legs work

Old April 14th, 2008, 03:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
irish1

Pan Fish are very agressive and will try to eat almost anything. Try
tying ants and beetles. They are easy to tie and very effective in the
summer months. They also work in the spring.

There are many sites that have step-by-step directions on how to tie
them so your student can use them as a reference if needed when you're
not around.

--
irish1
Old April 17th, 2008, 11:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
salmobytes

On Mar 27, 6:08 am, streamcaddis wrote:
I have been teaching a 11 year old to tie flies. He wants to tie flies
for bluegill and bass. I have tied trout flies for about forty years
but have no clue what to tie for bluegills. I need HELP !!..

There are lots of nice patterns he

http://fiberglassflyrodders.yuku.com/forums/7
Old April 18th, 2008, 06:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
streamcaddis

On Mar 30, 10:23*pm, "Frank Berg" wrote:
Foam spiders with rubber legs. *Use any kind of foam from closed cell to
open foam. *I have used them for years and given a handfull of these, he
will have a better than even chance of getting more than he can lift out of
the water...

"streamcaddis" wrote in message

I have been teaching a 11 year old to tie flies. He wants to tie flies
for bluegill and bass. I have tied trout flies for about forty years
but have no clue what to tie for bluegills. I need HELP !!..

Frank , thanks for the info. I went over to Hobby lobby to get a can
of adhesive and they had a pack of 2 mm foam, every color in the book
for around $6.00. Needles I have enough foam to last me a life time
and beyond. It sure is fun teaching the kids how to tie. I think I get
more out of it then they do.
Thanks again,,,Dave..