SoLux

Old March 21st, 2008, 05:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
dcabarle[_21_]

Default SoLux

Before I order mine, can you send a few before and after shots of some
flies you've tied? Just curious to see the quality difference.

Seriously... I just called and ordered one. I like the lighting
options and think this light will come in pretty handy for macro
photography shots.

Ken Fortenberry;109516 Wrote:
The best fly tying light I've ever owned or even seen:

http://tinyurl.com/2tzps9

This is truly a quality product and I recommend it highly.

The reason for the post, the prices on these lamps are going
to increase on April 1. If you have ever considered a SoLux
for fly tying you only have til the end of the month to beat
the price hike.

Usual disclaimer: no affiliation other than happy customer.

--
Ken Fortenberry

--
dcabarle

'Technorati Profile' (http://tinyurl.com/2n68mt)
'AuctionAds' (http://www.auctionads.com/refer_ d8ab292c52a30ff7404d)
Old March 21st, 2008, 06:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

The best fly tying light I've ever owned or even seen:

https://www.solux.net/cgi-bin/tlistore/tasklamps.html

Old March 21st, 2008, 06:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Scott Seidman

Ken Fortenberry wrote in news:Q%
:

The best fly tying light I've ever owned or even seen:

https://www.solux.net/cgi-bin/tlistore/tasklamps.html

This is truly a quality product and I recommend it highly.

The reason for the post, the prices on these lamps are going
to increase on April 1. If you have ever considered a SoLux
for fly tying you only have til the end of the month to beat
the price hike.

Usual disclaimer: no affiliation other than happy customer.

Solux is local in Rochester. The owner has been very helpful with our
senior design class, working with our students to develop a dental product
using his bulbs. A very nice man, and generous with his time.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old March 21st, 2008, 07:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
babyblue[_3_]

Dennis,
Which are you ordering?

--
babyblue
Old March 22nd, 2008, 12:35 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
dcabarle[_22_]

Hi BB,

This is the one I ordered.

[image:
https://www.solux.net/tlistore/image...ltasklamp.jpg]

babyblue;109521 Wrote:
Dennis,
Which are you ordering?

Old March 22nd, 2008, 05:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Sprattoo

On Mar 21, 1:28 pm, Scott Seidman wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote in news:Q%
:

The best fly tying light I've ever owned or even seen:

https://www.solux.net/cgi-bin/tlistore/tasklamps.html

This is truly a quality product and I recommend it highly.

The reason for the post, the prices on these lamps are going
to increase on April 1. If you have ever considered a SoLux
for fly tying you only have til the end of the month to beat
the price hike.

Usual disclaimer: no affiliation other than happy customer.

Solux is local in Rochester. The owner has been very helpful with our
senior design class, working with our students to develop a dental product
using his bulbs. A very nice man, and generous with his time.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

Are those mini halogen lamps?
Old March 22nd, 2008, 05:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Sprattoo wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
The best fly tying light I've ever owned or even seen:
https://www.solux.net/cgi-bin/tlistore/tasklamps.html

Are those mini halogen lamps?

No, they're SoLux proprietary bulbs made only by SoLux.

You can read about them on that web site.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old March 22nd, 2008, 10:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
babyblue[_4_]

I bought a light from the Daylight Co. It's the desk top model with a
magnifier. The site is 'Home - Daylight™' (http://tinyurl.com/35pffg).
The price is about the same. What appealed to me was the magnifier. It
has florescent bulbs, not the halogen looking bulbs of the light you
purchased Dennis. Those bulbs sure look like low voltage halogen bulbs
that electricians have installed for me in built in units that I have
installed. Must be a difference you cannot see on the web.

--
babyblue
Old March 23rd, 2008, 02:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Mike McGuire[_3_]

Sprattoo wrote:
[...]

They are halogen lamps with a blue filter to shift their effective color
temperature to something like noon daylight. This costs efficiency
because it takes more watts to get the same luminance. The need and
usefulness of this for fly tying is at best a matter of taste. Fish
don't see color the same as humans do, so the notion that one is making
a close match to the color of a natural as fish sees it with fly tying
material is rather illusory. Another light system that is hyped a lot is
this Ott Lamp. The same critique applies to it.

Mike
Old March 23rd, 2008, 01:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Mike McGuire wrote:
Sprattoo wrote:
Scott Seidman wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
[...]

I find the SoLux light easier on the eyes during a long tying
session. And having all my tying materials looking the same color
at the bench as they do on the stream is more for my benefit than
the fishes. YMMV.

--
Ken Fortenberry