Can Britain avoid testing her pigs for MRSA?

Old March 6th, 2008, 09:59 AM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.game,uk.rec.fishing.coarse,comp.sys.acorn.apps,uk.rec.sailing
Curtain Cider

Default Can Britain avoid testing her pigs for MRSA?

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 18:21:22 -0000, "Pat Gardiner"
wrote:

Pat's Note: This is no minor matter that can be spun away.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nat...,7895358.story

gives a typical US reaction on MRSA.

Britain has refused to test her pigs. She will be forced to test her pigs,
of course.

Britain's Government vets and their allies have led their country to a
national humiliation.

Hang your heads in shame for protecting such scoundrels.

The fact that even the US pig industry won't have anything to do with
British veterinary science helps gives the game away. That took me by
surprise. They obviously don't even think them capable of mounting any
credible defence to the Kennedy onslaught at Congress.

On refelection, they are right: the RCVS are beyond the international pale
and could wreck anything by waffle. They don't even discipline vets, caught
red-handed faking export health certificates, properly.

British Veterinarian's international credibility is zero. Would you trust
any vet from a country with an animal health record like ours?

The Yanks are coming and they have my full support. The pigs must be tested
for MRSA and now. There is no legitimate reason not to test the pigs and the
pigs will be properly tested whether the Politburo like it or not.

I dread to imagine what the tests will reveal. The SVS must know otherwise,
they wouldn't refuse to test the pigs would they? The industry would press
them to test the pigs, so they could legitimately brag about it.

Sorry to labour the point but I gather I'm dealing with paid kamikaze pilots
bent on self-destruction and the elimination of British pigs completely.