Question for Matt

Old February 7th, 2008, 12:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Corndog[_45_]

Default Question for Matt

AKSkim;105952 Wrote:
Big blue???

Are you speaking of the *NEW JERSEY Giants* of the NFL?

What's the deal with that????

I have no problem with them being called the New Jersey Giants. Cause
they are in NJ and our team, just like the New Jersey Statue of
Liberty.

We'll have the Yanks soon enough as well.

AK, we all know the sox bought ($$$), not won, the series anyway.

Cdog

--
Corndog
Old February 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
AKSkim[_41_]

Corndog;105956 Wrote:
AK, we all know the sox bought ($$$), not won, the series anyway.

Cdog

They did didn't they.

Course they only have the second highest payroll in the majors??
(#1 highest paid team got to sit in front of their plasma HD TV's and
watch them win it. But hey, the checks still keep rolling in)

Or did the Mighty Met pass them yesterday???

--
AKSkim

*.... Red Sox Nation *and the rest of MLB
#1 in posts scrubbed, -144 and still counting.-
*Winner of the NEFF 2007 Most Prestigious Award*
Old February 7th, 2008, 01:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
MACFLY

AKSkim;105960 Wrote:
They did didn't they.

Course they only have the second highest payroll in the majors??
(#1 highest paid team got to sit in front of their plasma HD TV's and
watch them win it. But hey, the checks still keep rolling in)

Or did the Mighty Met pass them yesterday???

Let me guess....we can now expect a seasons worthe of predictions of a
back to back world series with all the trimmings. Perhaps one should
learn from his previous mistakes...Just enjoy the season. I think there
is a good deal of parity in both leagues now. Should make for some tight
races. Mets did not pass either team with the Santana acquisition.
Depending on the other players they are attempting to re sign they may
get close the point where they pay a luxury tax but I only see that
happening if they sing Kyle Losche or someone of that ilk.

--
MACFLY
Old February 7th, 2008, 02:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
AKSkim[_42_]

MACFLY;105962 Wrote:
Let me guess....we can now expect a seasons worthe of predictions ....

But of COURSE!

Otherwise I would be no better than a cockroach ... like..... Buckwheat
cowering in the darkness till it is all over and done with!

Besides Mac... just think what it would be like if the Mets and *Red
Sox* were in the World Series....

Reality check... *Red Sox* and the Cards would be more like it.

But we both could only hope for the Mets to make it this year.

I like the Wulff triangle taper line for my reels. (Have to have some
fly fishing related comment in this post or Pete will make it #145)

GOoooooo..... RED SOX!

AK Skim

#1 in posts scrubbed, -144 and still counting.-
*Winner of the NEFF 2007 Most Prestigious Award*
Old February 7th, 2008, 10:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
MACFLY[_2_]

AKSkim;105963 Wrote:
But of COURSE!

Otherwise I would be no better than a cockroach ... like..... Buckwheat
cowering in the darkness till it is all over and done with!

Besides Mac... just think what it would be like if the Mets and *Red
Sox* were in the World Series....

Reality check... *Red Sox* and the Cards would be more like it.

But we both could only hope for the Mets to make it this year.

I like the Wulff triangle taper line for my reels. (Have to have some
fly fishing related comment in this post or Pete will make it #145)

GOoooooo..... RED SOX!

AK Skim

Dont make your world series ticket reservations just yet....It appears
Mr Curt whats this blood on my sock Schilling has a bum arm and will
require career ending surgery. Having had similar issues with my
shoulder I can attest to the fact that it is not very pleasant and it
appears the Sox will likely regret not getting Mr Santana...where did
he end up...OH yeah the METS.....

--
MACFLY
Old February 8th, 2008, 04:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
AKSkim[_44_]

MACFLY;106049 Wrote:
It appears Mr Curt whats this blood on my sock Schilling has a bum arm
and will require career ending surgery.

it appears the Sox will likely regret not getting Mr Santana...where
did he end up...

Heard that about Shill today. Too bad, with this years rotation there
would again a lot of time for him to enjoy his last few remaining years
in the bigs.

Santana ended up with the Metropolitans.

Be interesting to watch his first year in NY.

As far as hitting goes.. who cares... as long as he strikes people out
himself.

Willy.. different story this year.. can't let what happened last year
happen again.

Course, Dodgers might need an experienced bench coach in 2009.

#1 in posts scrubbed, -144 and still counting.-
*Winner of the NEFF 2007 Most Prestigious Award*