Worm fly

Old January 13th, 2008, 08:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Mike[_6_]

Default Worm fly

http://tinyurl.com/24bu4g

Should work for bass and other flies which feed on various marine
worms.

TL
MC
Old January 13th, 2008, 12:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Bill Sell

shammy fly's work prety well also.
they are small strips of shammy lashed to the hook.
cut in 2inch strips.

--
Bill Sell

Fish bamboo

Old January 13th, 2008, 04:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Mike[_6_]

On Jan 13, 4:13 pm, salmobytes wrote:
On Jan 13, 1:34 am, Mike wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/24bu4g

Should work for bass and other flies which feed on various marine
worms.

TL
MC

Nice-looking fly.

Thanks! "....bass and other flies........" -should of course read-
".....bass and other fish.........."

TL
MC
Old January 13th, 2008, 10:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
rw

Mike wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/24bu4g

Should work for bass and other flies which feed on various marine
worms.

TL
MC

Nice fly.

I've heard that some people used frayed polypropylene rope (without a
hook) to catch toothy gar. Whether you want to call that a fly is up to you.

Old January 13th, 2008, 11:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Charlie Choc

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 15:23:19 -0700, rw wrote:

I've heard that some people used frayed polypropylene rope (without a
hook) to catch toothy gar.

When I lived in Kansas I caught gar on frayed nylon rope (no hook). fwiw
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
salmobytes

On Jan 13, 3:23 pm, rw wrote:
Mike wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/24bu4g

Should work for bass and other flies which feed on various marine
worms.

TL
MC

Nice fly.

I've heard that some people used frayed polypropylene rope (without a
hook) to catch toothy gar. Whether you want to call that a fly is up to you.

Here's another worm fly I have a lot of fun with.
.....fun because it catches a lo to of fish, and fun because it of
what it does to so many fundamentalist fly fishing purists
(I love watching them squirm, I can't help it).
http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/...hes/index.html
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
daytripper

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 15:19:31 -0800 (PST), salmobytes
wrote:

On Jan 13, 3:23 pm, rw wrote:
Mike wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/24bu4g

Should work for bass and other flies which feed on various marine
worms.

TL
MC

Nice fly.

I've heard that some people used frayed polypropylene rope (without a
hook) to catch toothy gar. Whether you want to call that a fly is up to you.

Here's another worm fly I have a lot of fun with.
....fun because it catches a lo to of fish, and fun because it of
what it does to so many fundamentalist fly fishing purists
(I love watching them squirm, I can't help it).
http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/...hes/index.html

Ken will be along to attach an asterisk to that "fly", shortly...

/daytripper (and he'd be right, this time ;-)
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

salmobytes wrote:

Here's another worm fly ...

Dude.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old January 14th, 2008, 01:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Frank Reid[_2_]

Here's another worm fly ...

Dude.

Yeh, I like that commercial too.
One thing I've used with great success is just a piece of rabbit or
pine squirrel zonker whipped onto a hook. I have them with either no
weight, or with a tungsten bullet head. You have tons of colors to
choose from and it works great. As an alternative, I've also used
silver fox zonkers for big black leeches and reindeer zonker for other
crawly things. http://www.lingeriedomain.com/category282_1.htm
(by the way, never seen a store that sells both fly tying materials
and lingerie)
Frank Reid