Glo Bugs

Old December 20th, 2007, 12:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
pmjasper[_19_]

Default Glo Bugs

Well guys I honestly started out asking this question in good faith. I
know a lot of people have use glo bugs/egg flies and was just wondering
whether most weight them or not.

However, this does bring up an interesting debate, as to what is truly
fiy fishing. Are streamers considered flies and are you fly fishing if
you use them? How about clousers and jiggy flies...basically jigs on
fly rods? At certain times of the year eggs are available to fish and
naturally in the water but they aren't truly flies. What about nymphs
and wet flies...on some English waters you are only allowed to fish
upstream using dry flies because other methods are not considered fair
and sporting. Pretty interesting. The debate could go on and on. I've
never seen a flashy nymph but we use all kinds of materials to make our
imitations stand out. Does adding weight to the leader somehow taint
the fly fishing experience?

As for me and me only, I'm not looking to tick anyone off on the stream
nor circumvent the rules, but unless otherwise stated by the rules and
clearly defined, I don't necessarily see a problem with using egg flies
or streamers. As everyone here should now know, I haven't had a banner
day of catching trout on the fly rod in a number of years, so maybe that
affects my viewpoint. I fish to enjoy my time out on the water. For me
it isn't about catching everything in the stream in an outing but going
numerous times without a hit isn't particularly enjoyable either. I
don't keep any fish, so I'm not out to remove any from the waters I
fish. I try my best to select a fly and a presentation that gives me a
chance of catching something on a given day. As of this point, since
returning to stream fly fishing this fall, it's been a challenge to
catch anything worthwhile. Thus I feel if someone is only confortable
using flies that imitate aquatic insects, that's fine with me. If
streamers or eggs are in your arsenal as well, it won't bother me
either.

--
pmjasper
Old December 20th, 2007, 12:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
pmjasper[_20_]

Oh, forgot to mention, I do see CD point though. Lot's of opening day
trout fishermen use worms, real eggs, mealies, powerbait, etc. with
great success however, I prefer not us use bait. Is there anything
worng with others using bait, no, but I prefer artificials instead.
Kind of a similar arguement I suppose.

--
pmjasper
Old December 20th, 2007, 06:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
JeffK[_11_]

Reminds me of the old Corkers flies. They made kernel of corn, cheddar,
salmon egg, and pellet flies - no beating around the bush by those
guys. I bought the last dozen of these from the old County Line Sports,
but they were all grasshoppers and caddis - none of the odd ones.
Anyone ever see a transistor hatch?

Search for the Corkers article here,
'Fly Anglers OnLine, Your Complete Internet Flyfishing Resource.'
(http://tinyurl.com/sdwcv)

--
JeffK
Old December 21st, 2007, 12:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Corndog[_24_]

pmjasper;101970 Wrote:
[...]

lol PM...funny how such a simple question can raise so much interest.

Cdog

--
Corndog