Sometimes Catching Fish Isn't About Your Fishing Method

Old December 12th, 2007, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

Default Sometimes Catching Fish Isn't About Your Fishing Method

In article , Dave Lane
URL:mailto
Derek Moody wrote:

But you'll catch more if you take it down to the swillies and cast something
about #2/0 tandem...

ah - now yer talkin' - this is supposed to be a chrissy present from
El Presidente, and I had been wondering how to deal with the fact that I
wouldn't be able even to give it a go over water until next March (our
Olympic swimming pool has been drained for the winter) - hadn't thought
of nipping down the beach...hmmm. hmmmm

thanks for the ideas...

De nada.

Far from the best time of year for swoffing but better than nowt.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/

Old December 21st, 2007, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Andy Lawson

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , Andy Lawson
writes

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , Dinac
writes
Many anglers don't realize that sometimes catching fish isn't about your
fishing method, it's about something completely different.

http://fishing-hint.blogspot.com/

Yeh!...Luck - ask Andy :-)
--
Bill Grey

'scuse me? Wot you inseminatin' ? ;o)

Andy

Hi Andy - you doin Ok ?

Is Alec treating you well ?
--
Bill Grey

Hiya Bill. Sorry for the late reply but I've been really busy with work.

I'm doing fine. I hope you're keeping well.

Alec and I went to Farmoor about 4 weeks ago. Weather wasn't too bad, broken
cloud with a light but cold Northerly wind and the fish were just not
playing. Alec absolutley stuffed me out of site with two takes! He missed
one and broke off on the other. I said I'll buy him a book on fishing knots
for Christmas ;o) Meanwhile, I just couldn't get a take no matter what I
tried. The fishery warden came past in his van and offered some mince pies
his wife had made earlier. They were really nice as well!

After just short of 4 hours, we decided to call it a day and retired to the
local inn for some scoff and a warm through.

All the best,

Andy

Old December 22nd, 2007, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article , Andy Lawson
writes
Hiya Bill. Sorry for the late reply but I've been really busy with work.

Glad to hear someone is actually working :-)

I'm doing fine. I hope you're keeping well.

OK thanks I try to keep going - walking the dog helps a lot on that
score.

Alec and I went to Farmoor about 4 weeks ago. Weather wasn't too bad, broken
cloud with a light but cold Northerly wind and the fish were just not
playing. Alec absolutley stuffed me out of site with two takes! He missed
one and broke off on the other. I said I'll buy him a book on fishing knots
for Christmas ;o) Meanwhile, I just couldn't get a take no matter what I
tried. The fishery warden came past in his van and offered some mince pies
his wife had made earlier. They were really nice as well!

The last time I was out was in September. After fruitless lure bashing -
the same as the rest of the crew, I gave up and went back onto a long
leader and buzzer fished verrry slowly. My success rate changed for the
better instantly - four rainbows of about 3.5 lbs each.

P'raps you should have tried a mince pie fished deep - you'll never know
:-)

After just short of 4 hours, we decided to call it a day and retired to the
local inn for some scoff and a warm through.

The only way to finish the day.

Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year to you, Alec, Dave, Reg and anyone
else I can't think of right now.
--
Bill Grey

Old December 22nd, 2007, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

In article , W. D. Grey
wrote:

The last time I was out was in September. After fruitless lure bashing -

P'raps you should have tried a mince pie fished deep - you'll never know

Last time I was out *and on topic for this group* I found a nice shoal of
grayling in an eddy - along with a few brownies. Despite there being far
more grayling visible than trout, of the dozen or so I caught only three
were grayling ...

In the ordinary way I wouldn't mind catching near 2lb brownies - but when I
landed the third of that size I recognised it. I was the first one again and
now I'm none too sure about the second, the d**** things were going round
and around and queing up for another go.

Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year to you, Alec, Dave, Reg and anyone
else I can't think of right now.

Have a real cool Yule chaps!