Bird Flu is Back Now is the time for the public to wake up to theunderlying causes of bird flu

Old November 16th, 2007, 04:48 PM posted to sci.agriculture.poultry, uk.rec.fishing.game, uk.rec.fishing.sea,uk.rec.camping, uk.food+drink.misc
[email protected]

Default Bird Flu is Back Now is the time for the public to wake up to theunderlying causes of bird flu

On 14 Nov, 19:41, PeterT wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:37:43 +0000, Gloria
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:05:55 -0000, "Simon H"
wrote:

"NM" wrote in message
Gloria wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:54:17 +0000, "Clive."
wrote:

In message , Gloria
writes
It is naive to imagine that we can incarcerate animals inside crowded,
filthy factory farms without them suffering a high level of infectious
diseases.

....tons of pure bollox snipped... for the sake of brevity.

Until you come up with a substitute for a bacon sandwich, or a nice juicy
steak then AFAIC vegitarians can go swivel. I like animals, preferably
roasted.

If meat products are so undesirable why do vegetarians yearn them so much
that they have to make imitation meat products like veggie burgers and Quorn
sausages?

Because that's what people eat in their sarnies, bit of ketchup, a few
onions yummy. What's up with that?

Perhaps somebody should start making imitation veggie products
from meat...?

Great argument! Is that honestly the best justification for a meat
diet you could come up with?

Gloria, I've often wondered, as veggy types don't like meat, how does
a girl like you manage fo sex? is your preference a lovingly crafted
carrot or a carefully carved parsnip. I assume that you lot must use
something similar due to your strange aversion to having meat enter
your bodies.

--
Only some ghastly, dehumanised moron would want to get rid of the Routemaster.
Ken Livingstone 2001

PeterT

My daughter is vegetarian. I have no problems with that, although she
seems to catch colds far more often than I do. I am quite prepared to
cook her veggie alternatives when she comes to stay.

The problem for me starts when I have meals at her place. I can
guarantee that within about 3 hours I will get the most awful stomach
cramps and it is as if my internal organs are going through hell. I
eat 5 portions of fruit/veg a day normally and my fibre intake is
quite high compared to average, but there is no way that I am going to
go through that hell just to try and convince myself that I am a
superior being because I dont eat animals.