a really stupid question

Old November 14th, 2007, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Gandalf[_2_]

Default a really stupid question

OK lads, now a real stupid question.

When you buy a new rod with a part, or whole, cork butt section do you
remove the plastic covering that is so nicely and tightly shrink wrapped on
it. I have two new rods and the plastic is so tight and neat I have left it
on but assume it should be removed really.

--
Gandalf

Old November 15th, 2007, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Richard

"Gandalf" wrote in message
news
OK lads, now a real stupid question.

When you buy a new rod with a part, or whole, cork butt section do you
remove the plastic covering that is so nicely and tightly shrink wrapped
on it.

snip

Yep ............ Richard

Old November 16th, 2007, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Derek Moody

In article , Gandalf
wrote:
OK lads, now a real stupid question.

When you buy a new rod with a part, or whole, cork butt section do you
remove the plastic covering that is so nicely and tightly shrink wrapped on
it. I have two new rods and the plastic is so tight and neat I have left it
on but assume it should be removed really.

Yes, in fact imo you should insist on removing the film in the shop to check
the quality of the cork before purchase. Too many turn out to be soft and
powdery.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/