Carp dancers

Old November 11th, 2007, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
The Midnight Rider

Default Carp dancers

Well, I have seen bream do it, roach do it, salmon and trout do it, even
dolphins do it, but today I was amazed to watch no less than 3 carp
simultaneously 'tail walk' within a meter or so of each other. have they
suddenly learnt the art of ballet? and to top it off I only caught perch,
roach, and a small mirror ptooeeee.

Old November 14th, 2007, 01:15 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Gandalf[_2_]

Never seen any freshwater fish do it that is not on a line. I have seen
large eels try to jump but only about the first foot or so of the body made
it out of the water. That was many years ago and only one day when we had
one of the worst rain storms I have ever seen in my life to date which I
guess was the trigger to make them jump. They were very big eels as well, as
think as my arm at least. The lake was well known for big eels but I never
saw one caught that big and there had to be 20 or 30 jumping at any one
time.

There were also large numbers of very large pike as well who also may have
been involved.

--
Gandalf