doughbaits?

Old March 9th, 2007, 08:58 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Roger Lester

Default doughbaits?

I plan to try some doughbaits or dipbaits this summer. Any
recommendations are appreciated.
Old March 20th, 2007, 12:47 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Dr.D

I make mine from cornmeal and powder shrimp & salt. it works pretty good.
With a triple hook that has a spring on the shank. that makes it stay on
better.
"Dr. D"

. ..

Old April 8th, 2007, 02:11 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Nick

Here is my doughball recipe. We fish for carp in the Ohio River when they
are active in the spring and summer. After you finish laughing at us, keep
in mind that eating catfish out of this section of the Ohio River is not
safe, so we throw them back anyway. Fighting a 20 pound carp is also a lot
of fun! We also catch a good manu 6-10 pound catfish on this doughball:

Start with a standard sized can of whole kernal corn. Pour it into a food
processor juice and all. Puree it until it is liquid. Add about a quarter of
a cup of dark molasses and about hald a cup of peanut butter. We buy the
cheap peanut butter! Run the food processor to mix it well. My wife's mixer
has a thing for kneading dough. I use a spatula to transfer this mix into
the mixing bowl and add a couple of cups of flour. Turn the mixer on very
slow or you make a mess and your wife is not happy. Keep adding flour until
you have stiff dough. You might have to scrape the bottom of the bowl once
in a while until it begins to stiffen. It smells a lot like peanut butter
cookie dough. The peanut oil keeps it from being sticky. I put it into
yogurt cups and freeze them until I need them. Otherwise, it will mold and
ferment. (It still works when moldy.) Keep the dough in the refrigerator
until you use it. If the day is hot, keep it in a cooler while you fish or
the sun will heat it up and the peanut oil will make it very soft. We use a
1/0 wide bend hook and twist the dough around the hook shank. Tie down your
rods. We have lost three rods over the years using this stuff!

Fishinprof

ps: Carp also like Jo-Jo potatoes!