Why do we go fishing?

Old March 20th, 2007, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Derek Moody

Default Why do we go fishing?

In article .com,
peakstroller URL:mailto
Question : Why do we go fishing?
Answer : ?

I've no excuse.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/

Old March 20th, 2007, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
peakstroller

On 20 Mar, 00:07, Derek Moody wrote:
In article .com,

peakstroller URL:mailto
Question : Why do we go fishing?
Answer : ?

I've no excuse.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/
uk.rec.fishing.game Badge Page:
http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/urfg/

Question : Why do we go fishing?
Answer : Because it always tastes nicer when we catch it ourselves.

Old March 20th, 2007, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Alec Powell

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, clive_forman, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Answer : because no closed season on our lakes.

Now here comes an old argument guaranteed to start a fight :-)
Isn't a pity that there is no close season on a lot of waters nowadays?
Long, long, ago we all used to look forward to the 16th of June, after
the fish had a chance to spawn and we, as anglers, were raring to go
after a few months of enforced respite from our beloved sport, (or
pastime:-).
Advice: Take a break from it and you will appreciate it all the more.
OR........
Take up fly fishing...at least we will only have to wait 'til the 1st
April.
I'd rather catch a trout in April/May than a bloated old carp during the
"closed season".
Have fun anyway,
Alec

--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards)

Watlington
Oxfordshire
UK

Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Gandalf[_2_]

Have you met the wife.(;-)

or the real reason

It is the only place I get some real peace.

--
Gandalf

wrote in message
Question : Why do we go fishing ?
Answer : Because it gives us a reason to go somewhere gorgeous.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Gandalf[_2_]

"What's a mobile phone?"

A good alternative keep net weight if it rings too much.

--
Gandalf

"Alec Powell" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, clive, gave forth these words of wisdom:
I even turn my mobile phone off and then tell the misses there is no
signal
at the lake lol

What's a mobile phone?
Cheers,