PMWS pork entering food chain

Old January 31st, 2007, 07:29 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Old Codger

Default PMWS pork entering food chain

Alan Holmes wrote:
"pearl" wrote in message
"Jim Webster" wrote in message
"pearl" wrote in message
"Jim Webster" wrote in message
then they will have to cut domestic water consumption
Don't forget vegetables.. but it's all worth it.. even the heart
disease, etc.
And what about remaining native flora and fauna.. Who cares, eh, jim.
exactly

Really? What an insane attitude. Luckily, jim's kind are in the
minority.
Most people are misinformed + addicted to fat (in this case animal fat).

so they are going to have to cut domestic water consumption, because
there is enough water falling for agriculture, whatever sort of
agriculture
you want.

Yes, you just said that. The question is, *why* is this happening?

yep, and large areas in the UK, because that is where we produce
our
livestock here, is permanent pasture because it is unsuitable for
arable
cultivation
Arable land is, but a significant percentage is being used for
feedcrops.
in the UK a lot of arable land is incapable of growing bread making
wheat
and can only grow feed wheat, but as global warming increases we'll
probably
be able to grow bread making wheat
'WHETHER you're an avid baker or know next to nothing about
making bread, visiting the Watermill in Little Salkeld, Cumbria,
will make you want to get stuck in.
..
yep, as I said, we grow very little breadmaking wheat in the UK.

You say a lot of things. You are a veritable fount of BS, jim.

That is why we import bread making wheat, because we don't have the
sunshine
that we need to guarantee production

- BS. 'Only' 39% of British wheat is used as livestock feed.

I'm glad you've noticed OSR,

What's that?

you'll see a lot more of it when the EU turns
over 50% of our arable acreage for biodiesel

'Biofuels: Biodevastation, Hunger & False Carbon Credits
http://www.i-sis.org.uk/BiofuelsBiod...tionHunger.php

& appearing to be highly controversial in relevant circles.

But you still haven't said where your food comes from I note

Note everything you've snipped and failed to comment upon.

Why don't you snip, and just post to the group you have read this rubbish
in?

Pot kettle for snipping and posting. In fact you post to everywhere
except where you have read the post Alan.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old January 31st, 2007, 07:30 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
'Mike'

"Old Codger" wrote in message

Not really, I have just added a new thought to the thread. Someone
*might* wish to respond.

and it will be a very big man/woman not to continue the barrage of school
playground type arguments.

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk