Winter fishing

Old December 3rd, 2006, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Gene Kelly

Default Winter fishing

Now that our fishing season is winding down, maybe you want to start
thinking about releaving the winter blues by going fishing someplace warm.

Captain Gene Kelly at Tropical Fishing Adventures can help you out. He deals
with custom tailored fishing trips throughout Latin America. Whether your
preference is for light tackle action in gin clear waters, giant tarpon in
jungle rivers, or for high flying billfish, Captain Kelly can provide you
with the fishing adventure of a lifetime.

If light tackle is your game, there is great flats fishing in Belize, and
the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. Bonefish by the hundreds and permit by the
dozen, plus tarpon and snook in the mangroves. You can even have great
fishing by day and party all night in Cancun.

Want billfish? How about the world's greatest sailfishing in Guatemala,
where the days catch often numbers in the dozens, or Costa Rica, where the
wife and kids can explore the rain forest while you wear yourself out
fighting the fish of your dreams, or maybe Venezuela, where grand slams,
consisting of sailfish, white marlin and blue marlin are as common as a rum
and coke.

For real variety, how about Panama. There are only a few lodges there, and
many are already booked for this winter season, but there still is some
limited availability if you hurry. The fishing there is virtually untouched
except for the approximately two dozen sportfishing boats in the entire
country.

It costs less than you may think, with complete packages consisting of three
days fishing and four nights lodging in Costa Rica starting around $1100 per
person, plus the air fare.

Want to know more? Call Tropical Fishing Adventures at 1 800 280 5565 and
Captain Kelly will be glad to give you all the details. It's worth the call,
even if all you do is b-s about exotic fishing locations.

--

Capt Gene Kelly
Tropical Fishing Adventures

Old December 3rd, 2006, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Alec Powell

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, Gene Kelly, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Now that our fishing season is winding down, maybe you want to start
thinking about releaving the winter blues by going fishing someplace warm.

No thanks mate,
I think I'll just have a day out with Andy at Farmoor! :-)
--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards)

Watlington
Oxfordshire
UK

Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article , Alec Powell
writes
On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, Gene Kelly, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Now that our fishing season is winding down, maybe you want to start
thinking about releaving the winter blues by going fishing someplace warm.

No thanks mate,
I think I'll just have a day out with Andy at Farmoor! :-)

I can just see you and Andy fishing at Farmoor in the rain - singing :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old December 4th, 2006, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Dave Lane

W. D. Grey wrote:
In article , Alec Powell
writes
On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, Gene Kelly, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Now that our fishing season is winding down, maybe you want to start
thinking about releaving the winter blues by going fishing someplace
warm.

No thanks mate,
I think I'll just have a day out with Andy at Farmoor! :-)

I can just see you and Andy fishing at Farmoor in the rain - singing :-)

minging, more like - I certainly can't see them getting warm pulling
fish out.
Old December 4th, 2006, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Gordon MacPherson

I used to fish Farmoor 2 in the winter - somtimes you could find a shoal
of rainbows close to the bank and cast to individual fish - (some were
5lb plus but I only caught the smaller ones) - moving around kept you
warm(er)

Gordon

Dave Lane wrote:
W. D. Grey wrote:

In article , Alec Powell
writes

Old December 4th, 2006, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Alec Powell

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:
minging, more like - I certainly can't see them getting warm pulling
fish out.

Cheers mate :-(
I'll have you know that we do catch in mid winter at Farmoor!
Mind you the best bit is probably the lunch sitting round a roaring fire
at the local Talbot Arms :-)
Whoever said that winter fishing was all about getting wet, cold and
miserable!
Alec

Old December 4th, 2006, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Andy Lawson

Wasn't it Alec Powell who retorted:

I'll have you know that we do catch in mid winter at Farmoor!

Yep! Thems don't know nuffin do they mate? ;o)

4 year's 'ish ago, we went to Farmoor few days after Christmas. Beautiful
sunny day although still snow and ice on the ground and all around the banks
of Farmoor 1. Yet we had a great time. We both caught some good sized
Rainbows and as I recall you had some good 'uns for the freezer ;o)

Mind you the best bit is probably the lunch sitting round a roaring fire
at the local Talbot Arms :-)

Yep again! Cumberland sausages, mash & gravy... lurvley!

I seem to remember a certain buxom barmaid leaning over the bar towards us
as well while writing the display board for the evening? She would've stayed
there as well if it hadn't have been for the flipping landlord noticing us
spilling our drinks from oggling, so he suggested to her she continued the
writing elsewhere!! Spoil sport... not very good for customer relations eh?
Mind you, not sure, but it might have been his daughter!!

--
Andy Lawson

Old December 4th, 2006, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Alec Powell

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Andy Lawson, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Mind you, not sure, but it might have been his daughter!!

Or his wife? :-)

Old December 5th, 2006, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article , Andy Lawson
writes
I seem to remember a certain buxom barmaid leaning over the bar towards us

I'll bet there's no "seem" about it - your reputation goes before you
Andy.:-)

Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old December 5th, 2006, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Andy Lawson

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , Andy Lawson
writes
I seem to remember a certain buxom barmaid leaning over the bar towards us

I'll bet there's no "seem" about it - your reputation goes before you
Andy.:-)

Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Who? Me? How dare you sir? I'll have you know I'm as pure as the driven
white soot

--
Andy Lawson