OT, well, not really...angling on tv

Old November 17th, 2006, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Dave Lane

Default OT, well, not really...angling on tv

hi all,

did any of you catch the program on BBC2 last Sunday evening, bloke
fishing for mahseer out in India? Marvellous photography, and the
atmosphere of waiting for the take, made me think of the experiences of
trickling a worm down a pool on the river - but salmon don't come that
big! What made me laugh was the interchange between the presenter and
his Indian guide - seems that anglers are the same anywhere.

anyway - this Sunday - BBC2 8pm - and he's off to Bhutan to try and
catch some of the descendants of trout introduced from Scotland in the
early 1900's - don't miss it.

cheers all

Old November 17th, 2006, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

In article , Dave Lane
URL:mailto
did any of you catch the program on BBC2 last Sunday evening, bloke

Caught a bit of it at a friend's place but couldn't give it full attention.
Mostly made me want to: either sort out a decent groundbaiting regime or
use a decent size (12"+) plug.

fishing for mahseer out in India? Marvellous photography, and the
atmosphere of waiting for the take, made me think of the experiences of
trickling a worm down a pool on the river - but salmon don't come that
big! What made me laugh was the interchange between the presenter and
his Indian guide - seems that anglers are the same anywhere.

g pretty much.

anyway - this Sunday - BBC2 8pm - and he's off to Bhutan to try and
catch some of the descendants of trout introduced from Scotland in the
early 1900's - don't miss it.

Nah - I don't see much point in chasing expatriot trout when there are all
sorts of native (but to me exotic) species to try for.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/

Old November 18th, 2006, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Alec Powell

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:

hi all,

did any of you catch the program on BBC2 last Sunday evening, bloke
fishing for mahseer out in India?

Yes mate - bloody good it was too!

anyway - this Sunday - BBC2 8pm - and he's off to Bhutan to try and
catch some of the descendants of trout introduced from Scotland in the
early 1900's - don't miss it.

Funnily enough I thought they said Bataan. I was wondering where the
hell you would find trout in the Philippines, ( and of course, whether
there were any Japs still hiding out there) :-)

--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards)

Watlington
Oxfordshire
UK

Old November 19th, 2006, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Reg Sweetmore

Dave Lane wrote:
hi all,

did any of you catch the program on BBC2 last Sunday evening, bloke
fishing for mahseer out in India? Marvellous photography, and the
atmosphere of waiting for the take, made me think of the experiences of
trickling a worm down a pool on the river - but salmon don't come that
big! What made me laugh was the interchange between the presenter and
his Indian guide - seems that anglers are the same anywhere.

anyway - this Sunday - BBC2 8pm - and he's off to Bhutan to try and
catch some of the descendants of trout introduced from Scotland in the
early 1900's - don't miss it.

cheers all

Dave

Really enjoyed it Dave.

Looking forward to tonights visit to Bhutan.

It reminds me of fishing some of the tributies of the Dovey in Wales,
trailing worms for Sea Trout / Salmon.

Those were the days.

All the best to you all,

Reg (The Misery Guts from the Potteries, who chats up the Ladies in
the Hotel)

Old November 20th, 2006, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Dave Lane

Alec Powell wrote:
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:

hi all,

did any of you catch the program on BBC2 last Sunday evening, bloke
fishing for mahseer out in India?

Yes mate - bloody good it was too!

anyway - this Sunday - BBC2 8pm - and he's off to Bhutan to try and
catch some of the descendants of trout introduced from Scotland in the
early 1900's - don't miss it.

Funnily enough I thought they said Bataan. I was wondering where the
hell you would find trout in the Philippines, ( and of course, whether
there were any Japs still hiding out there) :-)

sigh....let it go Alec - it was along time ago, and we're all friends
now....
Old November 20th, 2006, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Dave Lane

Reg Sweetmore wrote:
Dave Lane wrote:
hi all,

did any of you catch the program on BBC2 last Sunday evening, bloke
fishing for mahseer out in India?

Reg added:
Really enjoyed it Dave.

Looking forward to tonights visit to Bhutan.

It reminds me of fishing some of the tributies of the Dovey in Wales,
trailing worms for Sea Trout / Salmon.

yes, exactly that - the bit where he was just trailing the bait,
feeling the line.."Any second now..."

Those were the days.

Were? Were? Come and visit next autumn... :+)

Reg (The Misery Guts from the Potteries, who chats up the Ladies in
the Hotel)

Dave (the one beating them off.)
Old November 20th, 2006, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Reg Sweetmore

On 20 Nov, 12:24, Dave Lane wrote:
Reg Sweetmore wrote:
Dave Lane wrote:
hi all,

did any of you catch the program on BBC2 last Sunday evening, bloke
fishing for mahseer out in India? Reg added:

Really enjoyed it Dave.

Looking forward to tonights visit to Bhutan.

It reminds me of fishing some of the tributies of the Dovey in Wales,
trailing worms for Sea Trout / Salmon. yes, exactly that - the bit where he was just trailing the bait,

feeling the line.."Any second now..."

Those were the days. Were? Were? Come and visit next autumn... :+)

Reg (The Misery Guts from the Potteries, who chats up the Ladies in
the Hotel) Dave (the one beating them off.)

Hi All,

Last nights programme was even better, those Loch Leven Trout he
caught were just gorgeous. A pity about the state of Loch Leven now!!

How about a visit to Bhutan for the Annual Bash next year instead of
Brenig?

I'm sure that even Alec could catch a trout there???

This weekend is the last of the present season at my fishery
Bliithfield. It's been a good one.

All the best to you all,

Reg (Diamonds)

Old November 20th, 2006, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Alec Powell

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Reg Sweetmore, gave forth these words of wisdom:
How about a visit to Bhutan for the Annual Bash next year instead of
Brenig?

I'm sure that even Alec could catch a trout there???

Sorry Diamonds, I can't make it next year - I'm off to Bataan :-)

Old November 20th, 2006, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Reg Sweetmore

On 20 Nov, 16:30, Alec Powell wrote:
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Reg Sweetmore, gave forth these words of wisdom:How about a visit to Bhutan for the Annual Bash next year instead of
Brenig?

I'm sure that even Alec could catch a trout there???Sorry Diamonds, I can't make it next year - I'm off to Bataan :-)

--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards)

Watlington
Oxfordshire
UK

Only Kidding Alec :-)). I know you can catch when you are with me. We
proved it at Brenig In 2005.

Reg

Old November 20th, 2006, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Alec Powell

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Reg Sweetmore, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Only Kidding Alec :-)). I know you can catch when you are with me. We
proved it at Brenig In 2005.

Yah! What a team. It's a pity you had to team up with Mr Lawson this
year and show Dave and myself up. Still there's always next year if
you're up for it.
Start thinking about dates lads if you're interested., It may seem a
long way orf but I will be finding it harder to get dates for my time
off next year and any help as far as me booking hols will be most
helpful. (Royal Mail cutbacks - tell me about it:-(
Cheers,
Alec
Oh and BTW the prog last night was pretty good but I think that the big
trout would have gone in the pot as well!