Fishing, Grantown on spey area

Old August 21st, 2006, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Dave Lane

Default Fishing, Grantown on spey area

Hi all,

I'm off for a week's holiday in the Grantown on Spey area next week,
and am looking for any advice on fishing in the area. Yes, yes, I know
what you're thinking, but I have neither the rod nor wallet to be
casting great long lines across a mighty river. :+(

So, can anyone help out with advice on either some loch fishing,
preferably wild and a little off the beaten track - or one of the
smaller rivers, where I might get a chance at a salmon with my trout
rod. Thanks for any info,

cheers,

Dave
ps - Alec was minnow-bashing at Idwal last week..... ho ho ho
Old August 21st, 2006, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
aquazur-dra

Hi Dave

Trust you are well - I fished this area every year in the 90s

stopped going when the sea trout run died!!

Locations - Have a look at http://www.kinrosshouse.co.uk/fishingmap.jpg

Area
http://www.grantownonline.co.uk/
http://www.grantownonspey.com/where%...%20camping.htm

http://www.fishspey.co.uk/pages/map....m=FishScotland

Trout Fishing

Get a Ticket to fish the upper waters / tributaries of Spey e.g river
Trium Feshie or Dulnain or Avon

http://www.newtonmore.com/baa/Default.htm

http://www.fishspey.co.uk/aviemore/r...m=FishScotland

http://boatofgarten.com/abernethy/ Also have a [stocked ] loch

( 16 sea trout - in one night fishing in the Nethy Bridge pool)

Or Trout fishing

http://www.rothiemurchus.net/boatfishing.html

Salmon ( Hire a Double handed Rod from Mortimers in Grantown)

http://www.fishspey.co.uk/grantownas...m=FishScotland

( I would lend you my rod ) but I am also off Ireland next week with Austin
www.uksal****erflies.co.uk

¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
compliments Dave Armes
NB remove {nospam.} filter to reply
ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

Old August 21st, 2006, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

In article , aquazur-dra
URL:mailto:davidarmes@nospam wrote:

( I would lend you my rod ) but I am also off Ireland next week

Which area and for how long? I expect to be in W Cork in about three weeks.

with Austin
www.uksal****erflies.co.uk

I think this is a chap I met a couple of years ago. Taught him mullet
fishing and swapped a few flies. If you're camping do the cooking
yourself...

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/

Old August 21st, 2006, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article , Dave Lane
writes
So, can anyone help out with advice on either some loch fishing,
preferably wild and a little off the beaten track - or one of the
smaller rivers, where I might get a chance at a salmon with my trout
rod. Thanks for any info,

Sounds as if you want a bit of poaching :-)

Have a good, safe time.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old August 21st, 2006, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
W. D. Grey

In article , Derek Moody
writes
In article , aquazur-dra
URL:mailto:davidarmes@nospam wrote:

( I would lend you my rod ) but I am also off Ireland next week

Which area and for how long? I expect to be in W Cork in about three weeks.

with Austin
www.uksal****erflies.co.uk

I think this is a chap I met a couple of years ago. Taught him mullet
fishing and swapped a few flies. If you're camping do the cooking
yourself...

Cheerio,

Until you've sampled spare ribs on Dave's BBQ you haven't lived. :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old August 21st, 2006, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Devs

In message , Dave Lane
writes
Hi all,

I'm off for a week's holiday in the Grantown on Spey area next week,
and am looking for any advice on fishing in the area. Yes, yes, I know
what you're thinking, but I have neither the rod nor wallet to be
casting great long lines across a mighty river. :+(

Grantown, Nethybridge and Aviemore all have association water that you
can buy reasonably priced day tickets on (less than a day on Grafham).
It's not a massive river there and is very good fun to fish. The Nethy
is small. Google will show you where to go for tickets as will a visit
to any angling shop in the area. If it's a loch you want then you cannot
pass by the superb lochindorb. The fish are mostly small but there's
plenty of them and at this time of year, particularly after the spates
of the last few days, there is always a chance of a salmon. Or a ferox.
It's free from the bank or you can order a boat from the cottage
01309651270.

--
Devs
"Punchdown Pete the old Kroner"
Old August 22nd, 2006, 12:34 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

In article , W. D. Grey
wrote:
In article , Derek Moody
writes

Until you've sampled spare ribs on Dave's BBQ you haven't lived. :-)

I'm trying to remember why it was that Nigel, Dave and I once dined,
perforce, on chocolate footballs and guiness. I -know- there was a reason
and I know it seemed perfectly sensible at the time.

Cheerio,

Old August 22nd, 2006, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Dave Lane

Derek Moody wrote:
In article , W. D. Grey
wrote:
In article , Derek Moody
writes

Until you've sampled spare ribs on Dave's BBQ you haven't lived. :-)

lol, thanks Bill - was a fine weekend :+)

I'm trying to remember why it was that Nigel, Dave and I once dined,
perforce, on chocolate footballs and guiness. I -know- there was a reason
and I know it seemed perfectly sensible at the time.

I have a feeling that this must have been the Brenig do a couple of
years ago - either that or the one quite a few years ago which Bill
organised in S Wales, I seem to remember an awful lot of Guiness
floating about that time????

thanks to all that have offered info - the Abernethy lot is looking a
bit likely, but i want to check out Lochindorb as offered by Devs,
thanks again.

cheers all

Old August 22nd, 2006, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

In article , Dave Lane
URL:mailto
Derek Moody wrote:
In article , W. D. Grey
wrote:
In article , Derek Moody
writes

Until you've sampled spare ribs on Dave's BBQ you haven't lived. :-)

lol, thanks Bill - was a fine weekend :+)

I'm trying to remember why it was that Nigel, Dave and I once dined,
perforce, on chocolate footballs and guiness. I -know- there was a reason
and I know it seemed perfectly sensible at the time.

I have a feeling that this must have been the Brenig do a couple of
years ago - either that or the one quite a few years ago which Bill
organised in S Wales, I seem to remember an awful lot of Guiness
floating about that time????

g blissful confusion.

Now, do I enlighten or do I point out that Bill's confused too... ;-)

Cheerio,

Old August 22nd, 2006, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Dave Lane

Derek Moody wrote:
In article , Dave Lane
URL:mailto
Derek Moody wrote:
In article , W. D. Grey
wrote:
In article , Derek Moody
writes
Until you've sampled spare ribs on Dave's BBQ you haven't lived. :-)

lol, thanks Bill - was a fine weekend :+)

I'm trying to remember why it was that Nigel, Dave and I once dined,
perforce, on chocolate footballs and guiness. I -know- there was a reason
and I know it seemed perfectly sensible at the time.

I have a feeling that this must have been the Brenig do a couple of
years ago - either that or the one quite a few years ago which Bill
organised in S Wales, I seem to remember an awful lot of Guiness
floating about that time????

g blissful confusion.

Now, do I enlighten or do I point out that Bill's confused too... ;-)

Cheerio,

no, I haven't a clue. I need a holiday. Oh...