Kayaking popularity rises

Old June 26th, 2006, 12:59 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

Default Kayaking popularity rises

Rodney Long wrote:
Sees-koo-wee-hah-nay wrote:

I've been looking at the Humminbird PiranhaMAX 15 mainly because of the
price.

That's one of my choices as well and for the same reason
I know nothing about them, but am starting to do a little research.
I've got all my local lake hot spots in my GPS and do alright but I
need to start spreading out.

How's that peddle drive work? Looks like it would be very convenient.
Can you use it to turn by using just one peddle?

Convenient, and very, very, very, fast if you want to go fast, I have
reached 7 knots with it,, my son has made 9 knots. (it throws a wake :-)

With no effort at all (peddling about as slow as you can with a rhythm)
you run around 2 knots. Talk about going long distances without much
effort,, it can't be beat. Of course you can paddle and peddle at the
same time. if your feet are moving at a standard walking pace your run
well over 3 knots, and it's easier than walking (it takes much less
effort than walking)

The flippers do not effect the direction at all, all thrust is forward,
you have a rudder, with the control at your right hand. (just a small
lever with the control lines inside the hull) The greatest thing is your
hands are free to fish, even when your moving around, the only time the
paddle comes into my hands, is for reverse. There is a place to attach
the standard kayak paddle on either side, it's an instant attach and
release bungee set up for it, that works great with only one hand, and
keeps the paddle out of your way unless your using it

Another feature I love is the wheels, you can load the boat up with all
your gear, grab the front rope handle, and off you go, you can take it
nearly anywhere you can walk

What a great set-up. I don't use an anchor and am constantly moving
around so that sounds ideal for me. Of course I already spent my yearly
toy allowance on my Pungo.

I keep hinting to the wife that I "need" that fish finder but so far
she's not convinced.

Old June 26th, 2006, 04:12 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish

Sees-koo-wee-hah-nay wrote:

What a great set-up. I don't use an anchor and am constantly moving
around so that sounds ideal for me. Of course I already spent my yearly
toy allowance on my Pungo.

I keep hinting to the wife that I "need" that fish finder but so far
she's not convinced.

I'm now looking at the portable Humming Bird, that has both a regular
transducer, and a castable one. I think This is what I'm going to get,
I'm trying to find one under $200. I like to do a lot of pier and bank
fishing, as well, this might just be what the Dr. ordered

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,