Brenig Bash

Old June 7th, 2006, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Default Brenig Bash

W. D. Grey wrote:
In article , Andy Lawson
writes
Well... Reg & I will be arriving at Betws on Thursday 22nd July
although the
Brenig Bash itself is on Saturday 24th July.

Ah so was your "only three weeks to go - a red herring?

You got me worried. Is it June or July ?

It's June, Bill, 6'th of June....
Old June 7th, 2006, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Default Brenig Bash and Llyn Brenig Fishing Report Week Ending 4th June

Alec Powell wrote:
On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Alec - are you still planning to come and stay with us on the thursday?
If so, are you thinking of a little walk up to Idwal? Was very fine up
there last week..... :+))

You bet, and I'll bring the Tiggy along as well, (that'll have the
readers confused :-)

ok, great. When you know what's happening (lol), let me know your
plans for the Thursday/Friday - we can go fishing/flying as you like.
(I will try to keep the F16 in one piece until then :+)

Here's the latest report from Brenig.
NOTE! Maybe we should put Andy in for the last paragraph!

wot, the bit about the packed lunch? He'll need to order two or three...

The next fly fishing course is to be held on the 18th of June. If you
would like to book a place on the course please contact the rangers on
01490 420463. The cost is £31 and £16 for juniors this includes a pack
lunch.

Old June 7th, 2006, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Sorry Bill,

It's JUNE 22nd to 25th not July. I have no idea how or why I got that so
screwed up!

Dementia must be setting so I'll be forgetting my name next.

All the best,

Napoleon

--
Andy Lawson

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , Andy Lawson
writes
Well... Reg & I will be arriving at Betws on Thursday 22nd July although
the
Brenig Bash itself is on Saturday 24th July.

Ah so was your "only three weeks to go - a red herring?

You got me worried. Is it June or July ?
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Old June 7th, 2006, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

"Dave Lane" wrote in message
Alec Powell wrote:
[...]

Well.... I phoned 'em but they wouldn't do just the packed lunch. (

--
Andy Lawson

Old June 7th, 2006, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In article , Andy Lawson
writes
Sorry Bill,

It's JUNE 22nd to 25th not July. I have no idea how or why I got that so
screwed up!

Dementia must be setting so I'll be forgetting my name next.

All the best,

Napoleon

I'm now hoping everyone going to B-Y-C makes a note of these dates.

Judging by the weather now, by then it should be p * * * * *g down :-)

What's new? I hear you asking :-)

Whatever - have a great time.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old June 9th, 2006, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

W. D. Grey wrote:

I'm now hoping everyone going to B-Y-C makes a note of these dates.

Judging by the weather now, by then it should be p * * * * *g down :-)

Now then, just cos you're not going...... afaik, it hasn't rained at
the Brenig do for some years. Damn, I'm going to regret that.....

nowt to do with game fishing, but funny anyway...
http://www.wetasschronicles.com/2005...y-fishing.html

Andy - please make note of clip #2, and that this sort of fishing is NOT
allowed at Brenig...

As for Brenig...on those years when it has been a scorcher - I have
always been reluctant to leave too early, as the best of the fishing
might only just be getting going???? If it turns out to be another heat
wave (remember last year?) - anybody up for knocking off for a bit in
the afternoon for a scoff, then having a go in the evening?

Bloody hot here in N Wales at the mo, check out:
http://www.ogwen-rescue.org.uk/oggi_...ge_glyders.php

for a view up the valley - you can almost see the heat rising - but it
does make for wonderful evenings up at Llyn Idwal... :+)

cheers