Brenig Bash

Old June 4th, 2006, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Default Brenig Bash

Only three weeks to go!

Getting all excited!!!!!!

--
Andy Lawson

Old June 5th, 2006, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

And so am I.
Can't contain myself!
Will see you on the Thursday Andy, late afternoon.
ATB,
Diamonds.

Andy Lawson wrote:
Only three weeks to go!

Getting all excited!!!!!!

--
Andy Lawson

Old June 5th, 2006, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

"Reg Sweetmore" wrote in message
oups.com...
And so am I.
Can't contain myself!
Will see you on the Thursday Andy, late afternoon.
ATB,
Diamonds.

Yep..... I'll be there between mid and late afternoon on the Thursday,
depending on where and how long I stop for on the way.

I've also decided to go the whole nine yards and booked a room instead of
the bunkhouse. I know... I know...I've turned into a right softy!

So Reg, only other important decision for Thursday evening .......... Lamb
Chops or the Curry? )

All the best,

--
Andy Lawson

Old June 6th, 2006, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

You wil no doubt be having the lamb. I fancy the curry with of course
CHIPS.
Welcome to the Softies Club.
We only need now to convert Alec & Dave.
ATB
Reg

Old June 6th, 2006, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In article , Andy Lawson
writes
So Reg, only other important decision for Thursday evening .......... Lamb
Chops or the Curry? )

Oh Shurrup :-(
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old June 6th, 2006, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In article , Andy Lawson
writes
Only three weeks to go!

Getting all excited!!!!!!

Just so I can mope on the right weekend - please give the actual dates.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old June 6th, 2006, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , Andy Lawson
writes
Only three weeks to go!

Getting all excited!!!!!!

Just so I can mope on the right weekend - please give the actual dates.
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Well... Reg & I will be arriving at Betws on Thursday 22nd July although the
Brenig Bash itself is on Saturday 24th July.

I believe Alec is planning to go on the 22nd but to see some friends first
before meeting up with Dave later in the day. The plan being that we all
meet up on the Friday.

It looks as though it's only the 4 of us this year, which is a bit sad
really 'cos even when the fishing turns out to be a bit challenging because
of the weather, we still have a good social weekend.

--
Andy Lawson

Old June 7th, 2006, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Andy Lawson wrote:

Well... Reg & I will be arriving at Betws on Thursday 22nd July although the
Brenig Bash itself is on Saturday 24th July.

I believe Alec is planning to go on the 22nd but to see some friends first
before meeting up with Dave later in the day. The plan being that we all
meet up on the Friday.

It looks as though it's only the 4 of us this year, which is a bit sad
really 'cos even when the fishing turns out to be a bit challenging because
of the weather, we still have a good social weekend.

I can report that after weeks of grey wind and rain, which had us all
going mad, it has now turned rather nice, and things are warming up
nicely - perhaps we are in for another roasting up there....

Alec - are you still planning to come and stay with us on the thursday?
If so, are you thinking of a little walk up to Idwal? Was very fine up
there last week..... :+))

looking forward to seeing y'all soon,

Dave
ps - something tells me that a certain gentleman of elderly bearing
might turn up after all..
Old June 7th, 2006, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Default Brenig Bash and Llyn Brenig Fishing Report Week Ending 4th June

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Alec - are you still planning to come and stay with us on the thursday?
If so, are you thinking of a little walk up to Idwal? Was very fine up
there last week..... :+))

You bet, and I'll bring the Tiggy along as well, (that'll have the
readers confused :-)
ps - something tells me that a certain gentleman of elderly bearing
might turn up after all..

Well, he has been known to do that hasn't he!
Here's the latest report from Brenig.
NOTE! Maybe we should put Andy in for the last paragraph!
Cheers,
Alec

Llyn Brenig Fishing Report Week Ending 4th June

This last week has seen very bright fishing conditions with long periods
of bright sun and not much cloud cover. The water temperature is 14 C.
However anglers have seen some good sport during the evening with plenty
of fish rising in the bays and along Hafod Lom woods. They have been
feeding on black beetles and green leaf weevils.

The rod average has been a healthy 5.6 fish per angler. The bank
hotspots have been between the dam and Visitor Centre, Hafod Lom woods
and Nantglyn bank. The boat hot spots have been Tower Bay, round the
cages and Hafod Lom woods. Top flies of the week have been black
buzzers, coral and cat boobies and various dry patterns, fished on
floating to DI 3 lines. The best boat of the week went to John Rogers
and Ken Jones of Denbigh. They caught 12 fish for 40lb with 4 fish
weighing 5lb each.

The next fly fishing course is to be held on the 18th of June. If you
would like to book a place on the course please contact the rangers on
01490 420463. The cost is £31 and £16 for juniors this includes a pack
lunch.

Tight Lines

Ranger Owen Jenkins

--
Alec Powell
Watlington Oxon. UK

Old June 7th, 2006, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In article , Andy Lawson
writes
Well... Reg & I will be arriving at Betws on Thursday 22nd July although the
Brenig Bash itself is on Saturday 24th July.

Ah so was your "only three weeks to go - a red herring?

You got me worried. Is it June or July ?
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk